Oil Pressure Sender Extension

In trying to fit my oil pressure sender, it is too tight to the oil filter. I need an extension to go from the 1/4" NPT on the block to the 1/8" NPT on the sender. I'm looking for a bar extension rather than a flexi. Anyone know a good source in the UK?
Thanks
Ian

Ian

Is there not another tapping point further along the block? closer to the back but on the same side as the filter??. Just see a blanking plug on mine but may be a water gallery not checked yet

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Sominck like dis -- use steel ones only --the Aluminium ones will break off at the thread

Attachments

• steel oil press extension (Small).jpg
    steel oil press extension (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 254
In trying to fit my oil pressure sender, it is too tight to the oil filter. I need an extension to go from the 1/4" NPT on the block to the 1/8" NPT on the sender. I'm looking for a bar extension rather than a flexi. Anyone know a good source in the UK?
Thanks
Ian

Ian
Classic Instruments do a bushing kit for oil pressure sender, item SN57FD
look under their sender page [view all our avaible senders] third page along near bottom of list :thumbsup:

I personally dont like solid extension for the same reason as Flatchat said...I much prefer a braided flex line allowing me to position the gauge for easier viewing and also out of harms way.

please excuse my last comment as the tapping point further along the block is a water gallery. Either that or I have serious problems LOL.

Cheers

Hi Ian,
a remote sensor mounting is the safest way forward. I used some -3 hose to install mine as below

Regards
Andy

Attachments

• remote oil switches.JPG
    remote oil switches.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 261
Thanks for the suggestions....I've bought some braided hose and the aero fittings to make up a remote connection to the sender.
Cheers
Ian

Back