Original bits II

Paul, thanks & already sorted, with many thanks to Weston. ( like you I had a quick reply too supplying me details where to get them).

Lotus Europa, lock for bonnet & engine cover, so you'll get a pair on one key. (Weston number 9/01139)
€87 including shipping to the Netherlands.
They come with the big nut on the back which make fitting them in fibreglass doors easyer.

SJ046B0009 LOCK for BONNET and ENGINE COVER (PAIR) (sjsportscars.com)
View attachment 127916

So my MKII will get locking doors which locks will blend in like the MKII roundel lights.

Could someone post a photo from the rear/inside to show how these (or the Rover ones) are installed.

How I understand it, the latch pivots downwards and blocks the door striker or am I wrong?

Pedro

Supporter
It just prevents the outside door handle to be operated.

Attachments

• GT40 Door Lock.JPG
    GT40 Door Lock.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 122
Could someone post a photo from the rear/inside to show how these (or the Rover ones) are installed.

How I understand it, the latch pivots downwards and blocks the door striker or am I wrong?
As with most GT40 builds, you'll have to make it fit. No off the shelf parts exist for any GT40.
Make it, adapt it.

It all depends on which door lock & striker you'll use and if the lock has a provision for it.
Ill going to adapt it to my SouthernGT locks, Ill have to make a new lever & rod assy to make it work.
1676566564090.png

Some update about the Weston door locks.. they are flimsy but they work.
It doesn't fit the original location on a GTD door as there's no room above the handle.
But all is doable.
Lock is about 27mm wide.
About 38mm long.
Needs a 19mm hole.
Protrudes about 17mm

My latches & door handles are SouthernGT. And the SGT latches have a provision for lock, but that also means, it locks the inner handle which I didn't like to use if I need an emergency escape from the other door (which I might forgot to unlock from the outside..).
So like OEM situation I locked the handle, but at the latch itself.
1678116824180.png

1678116850786.png

Don't worry, I had to file down that corner so it could freely turn inside the door.
1678116893191.png

Door locked.. but still working on the inside handle.
1678116988568.png

Door unlocked.
1678117097912.png

Back