original door lock release mechanism

when using the original rover locks how does the release handle work - does the release latch slide forward or does it pivot to pull the lock release. I have the repro release latches from Jay Cushman, but the mechanism they mount into I haven't found any photos to copy, thanks
- Steve

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Steve
The lever is attached to the lever with two screws.
You can also add a spring twixt the chrome lever and the latch frame to give a bit more tension.
It's awkward but I hope this photo helps.
fullsizeoutput_162.jpeg
Door Hardware.jpg

Thanks, but how does the release just not fall down, I'm here making nylon rails that bind whatever I do and this looks like It holds on by good wishes alone

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Steve,
Good wishes o_O
The chrome door release is fastened to the lever onto the door latch trigger with two short 2BA bolts. Some latch triggers have only one hole so drill a second hole matching the door release holes if it is missing. (the ones in my photo have a single hole)
The whole latch assembly including the door release is bolted to the door jamb and the outer escutcheon plate.
The door handle is fitted into the cup with a return coil spring on the bolt.
When I mentioned that it is awkward, you have to position the latch making sure that the other operating side of it mates with the end of the door handle and works smoothly. Some filing work on your door handle will be necessary.