Original GT40's in Australia - Past & Present

Original GT40\'s in Australia - Past & Present

I've been busy and have collated this list of all the original GT40's that are currently or have been owned by Aussies.

I haven't bothered about the GT40's that have visited here for racing events.

Current GT40 owners:
David Bowden, QLD P1034 (see http://www.bowdensown.com.au/cars/gt40.html for further info)
Rob Sherrard, QLD P1109
Ron Rowse, NT P1041

Past GT40 owners:
George Parlby, NSW P1034 (see http://www.bowdensown.com.au/cars/gt40.html for further info)
Laurie O'Neil, NSW P1018 (ex-Shelby Demonstrator car, badly damaged in crash at Amaroo Park in early 1980's)
Bruce Spicer, VIC P1061
Bib Stillwell, NSW P1061 (bought from Bruce Spicer)
Colin Hyams, VIC P1030(this looks like it was the first GT40 in Aus, arrived in 1968)
Phil Rudd(AC/DC), VIC P1078

Does anyone know any more info? I think the list is pretty complete...anyone know anything different. Maybe we should flesh out details of each car.

Re: Original GT40\'s in Australia - Past & Present

Thanks Gary for info, knew you had P1080, but left you off the list as 1080 hasn't made the trip to Sydney yet has it. Or is there something you haven't told us? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It would be great to see it run with P1034 & P1109 as they do some historic racing and seem to attend most historic meets. Speed on Tweed(Sep 16-18th) is probably the next meet where we will see these GT40's. Although if it's like last year P1034 was only brought to be put on show.

Re: Original GT40\'s in Australia - Past & Present

Craig, no 1080 has not hit the shore line yet. I pulled out of sending her to the USA, and she will now stay in the UK in order to be set-up for next years Classic Le Mans, after that I will see where I am, but I agree it would be nice to bring her down to OZ and run some events. I may bring her down for Phillip Island next year so I can get some miles in during the English Winter, but I will wait and assess if I need the extra miles before I decide to do this. Cheers

Original GT40\'s in Australia - Past & Present

I've been busy and have collated this list of all the original GT40's that are currently or have been owned by Aussies.

Past GT40 owners:
[...]
Colin Hyams, VIC P1030(this looks like it was the first GT40 in Aus, arrived in 1968)

Colin Hyams sold it to Alec Copeland. In the early 90s it was sold to another Australian at an auction. Then in 1994 it was shipped to the US and sold by a Ferrari dealer.

I just found some photos of 1030 in Australia that were posted by Colin Hyams to

Back