Original Replacement Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK11 front camber adjsting nuts. Set of 4 needed and I am working on the Mk1 style now.

Attachments

• Camber Adj. Nuts 1.jpg
    Camber Adj. Nuts 1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 395
This is a complete set of rear trailing arms for all MK1 and Mk11 GT40s. These are the correct OD and length and take the correct 5/8 right and left heim joints. They are made from 4130 and fully tig welded. The originals were brazed but todays tig welding is much stronger. I can also just supply the billet ends if needed.

Attachments

• Rear Trailing Arms 2.jpg
    Rear Trailing Arms 2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 369
  • Rear Trailing Arms 1.jpg
    Rear Trailing Arms 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 346
  • Trailing arm ends.JPG
    Trailing arm ends.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 360
  • trailing arm end.JPG
    trailing arm end.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 355
MK1 water pump and crank pulleys. These are the raw castings that I just got back from the foundry and plan on CNC Machining them in the next couple weeks. I have also included pics of our fully machined samples to give you an idea what they look like.

Attachments

• Pulleys Raw 1.jpg
    Pulleys Raw 1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Pulleys Raw 2.jpg
    Pulleys Raw 2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 371
  • pic06334[1].jpg
    pic06334[1].jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 453
  • pic26500[1].jpg
    pic26500[1].jpg
    61 KB · Views: 485
These are the rear upper and lower clevis rods that we made a little over a year ago. We made them from 4340 billet and fully CNC them from original prints. The originals were forged but you could hardly tell the difference and these are stronger. I am completely out of these but would consider another run if there was enough interest in them.

Attachments

• Rear Clevis 1.JPG
    Rear Clevis 1.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 362
  • Rear Clevis 2.JPG
    Rear Clevis 2.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Rear Clevis 3.JPG
    Rear Clevis 3.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 363
I have made a deal with Aviad oil pans to make these original MK1 GT40 oil pans in small quantities for me and I will keep them in stock and promote them to the purist GT40 guys around the world. I will keep these on the shelf with the matching pick ups and continue to make all of the original MK1 original engine parts available as my time permits.

Attachments

• Aviad Pan 1.jpg
    Aviad Pan 1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 458
  • Aviad Pan 2.jpg
    Aviad Pan 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 419
  • Aviad Pan 3.jpg
    Aviad Pan 3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Aviad Pan 4.jpg
    Aviad Pan 4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 392
  • Aviad Pan 5.jpg
    Aviad Pan 5.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 430
WE now have complete sets of formed lexan light covers and side windows in stock. The side windows have the vent windows cut and finished. All of my glass only needs to be final fit to your body.

Attachments

• Lightcovers 2.jpg
    Lightcovers 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 450
  • Door Window 1.jpg
    Door Window 1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 394
  • Door Window 3.jpg
    Door Window 3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Door Window 4.jpg
    Door Window 4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Door Window 5.jpg
    Door Window 5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 443
I have just had the original MK1 and Mk11 door handles cast and will be machining them soon.

Attachments

• door handles.jpg
    door handles.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 507
These are the inserts for the front uprights to take the upper and lower ball joints as well as the tie rod end. I made these to original spec but in high grade 17-4 stainless steel so they do not have to be plated and will not rust. The originals were unplated steel and always rusted. They can be bought individualy or in a complete set of 6 at a discount. I also made the later MK11 style upper insert that has a straight .502 hole instead of a taper and .125 taller to accept the aircraft bolt to allow front end setting changes. MK11s used the same lower and ball joint insert.

Attachments

• Ft Upright Inserts 1.jpg
    Ft Upright Inserts 1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 344
  • Ft Uprights 2.jpg
    Ft Uprights 2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 315
  • Ft Uprights 3.jpg
    Ft Uprights 3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 329

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jay, You have been a very busy guy! I suggest that you consider adding your website link to a signature below your posts. It will make it easier for people who missed the "home" link in your first post.

Beautiful work, by the way!

Mark

This is the steel alternator bracket on a MK1 that works with the cast aluminum bracket we are working on now. I have been working on this part off and on for a year as there was a small mistake in the original blueprint. It had a arrow on the wrong side which added the .250 thickness of the material to the correct overall dimension. We had them water jet cut and kept pressing them over and over and they just never came out right. We were finaly tipped of that there was a mistake in the drawing. We have never had an original 1 of these to copy along with the prints or we would have picked up on it months ago. Anyways for those of you that have been waiting, they are now correct and waiting.

Attachments

• Alt Brkt Steel 1.jpg
    Alt Brkt Steel 1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 370
  • Alt Brkt Steel 3.jpg
    Alt Brkt Steel 3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Alt BRkt Steel 4.jpg
    Alt BRkt Steel 4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 393

HILLY

Supporter
Great work and attention to detail as usual Jay.
Your work has also impressed an owner of an original car who visited your shop recently.
That type of recommendation rates highly.

MK 1 Engine mounts. These are tig welded .083 wall 4130 chrome moly made from original prints in our own jig and now plated. These are matching pairs for all MK1s. Safir MKVs use there own mounts as the chassis location is different.

Attachments

• Motor Mts 1.jpg
    Motor Mts 1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Motor Mts 2.jpg
    Motor Mts 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 285
  • Motor Mts 4.jpg
    Motor Mts 4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Motor Mts 5.jpg
    Motor Mts 5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Motor Mts 8.jpg
    Motor Mts 8.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 405
These bellhousing plates are cut from original prints and fit an original 4-bolt bellhousings that take a Type-0 ZF. These may fit other reproduction bellhousings but I am just not sure whos. These will fit original cars with original parts.

Attachments

• Bell PLate.jpg
    Bell PLate.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 362
This week I will try to post pics of some of our original replacement body work starting with my late style Mk 1 tail. We have original style flares that you can fibeglass on. We can sell them to add on as original cars were or possibly glass them on here. These bodys have all original inner panels including ductwork and brake scoops as well as original mounting points. Feel free to call or email for additional pics and info.

We also have early style tails as well.

Attachments

• Mk 1 Late Tail 3.jpg
    Mk 1 Late Tail 3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 454
  • MK 1 Late Tail 4.jpg
    MK 1 Late Tail 4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Mk 1 Late Tail 8.jpg
    Mk 1 Late Tail 8.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 492
  • Mk 1 Late Tail 9.jpg
    Mk 1 Late Tail 9.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 454
  • Mk 1 Late Tail 10.jpg
    Mk 1 Late Tail 10.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 431
I just got the hewland-small block ford bellhousing castings back today. As of right now I have no plans to machine them untill things slow down around here unless somebody has a real need for 1. I have made a deal to trade these original patterns from All American Racers away for some other parts I need and these will be the only bellhousings I have available. I had these cast in 356 T-6 aluminum fully heat treated as original. If anybody has any interest in them let me know.

Attachments

• Hewland Raw Bell 1.jpg
    Hewland Raw Bell 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Hewland Raw Bell 3.jpg
    Hewland Raw Bell 3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 325
  • Hewland Raw Bell 2.jpg
    Hewland Raw Bell 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm looking for a windshield of a gt40 of which i'm for 99% certain that it is the same as an original gt40
The replica i'm busy with has an (extremely) broken windshield.
It's the first of the KVA replica's from Great-Britain and according to my information, this body was extracted from an original gt40 as well.
do you or anybody else know if this information is correct ?

I've made some measurements to be sure.
In the middle of the windhield the length is about 622 mm (middle top to middle bottom)
the width of the windshield is about 1482 mm straight from corner to corner

If this is correct i'd like to order:

the windshield (i assume it is hardened and layered)
the side windows
a complete set of weather stripping

And could you roughly tell me how much transportation to the netherlands would cost (you don't have to be to specific)

Greetings Edwin Meursing,
Assen, the Netherlands

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Cushman

Thank you very much for the public profile visitors message you sent to me today which is copied below

"I realy wish you would stop answering questions on my thread directed to me. If people wanted to know about your stuff they would ask you on your threads. If you want me to keep my mouth shut about what I think of your cars over here to the 100s of people I talk to every month you might want to stop walking on my products. I probably work on and sell more parts to original GT40 owners than anybody these days and have alot of info and insight into this gt40 world and get lots of people seeking advice and direction on buying a kit car and you are quickly working your way onto my shitlist. I have no interest in the market you and Fran are going after and would be glad to direct customers to you both but you both are so cutthroat and backstabbing that I will never send a customer his way and feel about the same about you these days. I have started my thread for my customers and everytime somebody asks me a question in the open you jump on them like you need the business that bad. If you realy do need the business that bad then go for it but if you ever want any customers to come your way thru me stay on your own thread."

Cushman, I have never met you, I do not know you , I have never even spoken to you but I feel the above gives everybody on the forum a good idea of what sort of person you are.

If you want your own threads you need to pay for a cushman sub forum.

I really do not care what you think about our company or products and would very much like to go on your "Shitlist" please.

Thanks

Andy

To keep things in perspective, I also have never met Jay Cushman, but I have recently had a lot of long distance dealings with him. To date I have found him to be a man of his word and one whom I feel I can trust. He has given genuine concern over my requirements and taken the time and trouble to always respond promptly to my calls or mails. This is Jays thread -- nuff said ! Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back