Original Replacement Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange,
..to my knowledge, I have never met or spoken to him either...but I have responded ,on the GT40's forum, to Mr. Cushman, and his associate Tim Ganskop(FAVGT) about my products with a personable approach...too bad us replica manufacturers are not afforded the same.

Last edited:
These are my original spec MK1 and Mk11 doors. These have the race car inner panels and at this time I do not have any street car inner door panels available. I might consider making those down the road if theres any interest. These doors are made in gray jellcoat and I have also made them in clear as the original cars had and can and have supplied them that way to original GT40s. I sell these with the inner and outer panels not glassed together as this makes them alot easier to fit.

Attachments

• doors 1.jpg
    doors 1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 410
  • doors 2.jpg
    doors 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 422
  • doors 4.jpg
    doors 4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 473
  • doors 5.jpg
    doors 5.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 430
  • doors 6.jpg
    doors 6.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
First off Andy, I have never and never would go after a customer who clearly asked you about a product you made on your thread and tell him that I make a better or more original part that he was asking you about. I have never had to chase other peoples customers and will find a new line of work if I get that desperate. I respect and admire Scott's work on Tornado cars over here and we are almost neighbors. I do not go after every one of his customers and remind them I make original parts and try to chase them away from your products. I am way to busy working on real GT40s and exact replicars and my race cars. I realy don't want to waste my time fighting about you, I just want to keep my customers informed as to whats new and available from my shop. If you need my customers that bad than I feel for you.

And Fran you have routinely harrassed anybody who ever mentioned my parts on this forum and you know it. You and I know that none of my parts fit your cars and none of yours fit mine so why do you care if I make and sell GT40 stuff anyways? WE are in different markets.

Guys Guys Guys...!!

Name calling and derogatory remarks about each other do nothing to raise your profile or credability to other forum visitors.

I have had dealings with each of you and have not had bad experiences from any of you, plus collectively (with a few other mfrs) you cater for just about all aspects of the GT40 marketplace, both original and replica alike.

Lets keep this particular thread on track and the forum signal to noise ratio down at the incredibly low level we have all become accustomed to.

There is room for all of you and others to happily co-exist!!

So..... BACK TO BUSINESS PLEASE!!

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Jay

I am not chasing your customers as most of them seem to be parts collectors. We are only interested in customers who want to build, finish and use the car.

The last post I made on this thread was to Tim Kay about the original flap fittings. Tim has one of our cars.

The other guy posted on your thread looking for a screen to fit a KVA not an original. We supply KVA screens all of the time.

He is in the Netherlands. The shipping cost alone from you to him just to find out the screen will not fit would be ridiculous. We are just over the Channel.

I was just trying to help him out and save you hassle but if the loss of the profit on one screen is going to cause you problems I will recommend he comes to you.

Thanks

Andy

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I would agree with Frank, I have ordered and bought parts from Jay and the products are first rate, had no problems talking to him and very much value his commitment to producing these parts.

I also greatly respect Fran and Andy for what they do, all you guys have my dream job of building GT40's.......

Andy

This is my early Mk 1 dual nostral hood insert. This is correct inside and out and I also have the single outlet style as well.

Attachments

• nose insert 1.jpg
    nose insert 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 405
  • nose insert 2.jpg
    nose insert 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 384
  • nose insert 3.jpg
    nose insert 3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 424
  • nose insert 5.jpg
    nose insert 5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Hello,

I would like to order a windscreen and complete sidewindows and a stripping set please. I've tried to mail you but they were rejected. please let me know another way to pass information please.

Thanks Edwin, Assen, The Netherlands

These are the Mk1 style camber adjusting nuts. We made these out of 304 stainless steel so they will not rust up like the originals did as the plating wore off. These were not drilled for safety wire by the factory but almost all eventualy were drilled. I am selling these without driling them as it would just take too long for me to do them all by hand. I will leave it up to the new owners to decide if they want them safety wired.

Attachments

• Camber Nuts 1.jpg
    Camber Nuts 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Camber Nuts 2.jpg
    Camber Nuts 2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 328
We just finished the original style coilover adjuster nuts and lock nuts for original Koni shocks. These are exactly like the originals except we added another .060 of material to each part to get almost 2 more full threads to help solve the problem of stripping the threads on these very expensive shocks. Tru Sports offers adjuster nuts that will work and are similar but not real original looking and they cost about $85 per shock. Mine are corect looking and cost less as well. These are 50 mm and may fit other shocks or some replacement Konis. These pics show mine next to a pair of originals for comparison.

Attachments

• 11 008.jpg
    11 008.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 11 009.jpg
    11 009.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
We just got another 32 of the mirror mounts done. Heres a pic of the 24 that are still here after 1 day of orders. These are exact.

Attachments

• Mirror Mts 24.jpg
    Mirror Mts 24.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 420
  • Mirror Mt 2 (1).jpg
    Mirror Mt 2 (1).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 408
These are some nice quality GT40 style gas caps made by somebody else but a real bargain for a replicar. These will sell for $225 each and I have them in stock. I also have a small amount of original magnesium castings I am getting machined for the very die hard or original owners out there in need of 1 or a pair.

Attachments

• gas cap repo 1.jpg
    gas cap repo 1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 433
  • gas cap repo 2.jpg
    gas cap repo 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 406
  • gas cap repo 3.jpg
    gas cap repo 3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 397
  • pic17870[1].jpg
    pic17870[1].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 406
We have finished our first set of stainless steel MK1 GT40 race car headers for Gurney Weslake heads. These will fit an original car as well as superformance cars with a MK11 style rear swaybar. These are made completely from 304 grade stainless steel with merge collectors and megaphones just as original. The collectors can be unbolted and changed to a muffler system for street use. These will sell for $3995 as you see them. These will be made to order and take a few weeks.

Attachments

• GE Headers 005.jpg
    GE Headers 005.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 548
  • GE Headers 002.jpg
    GE Headers 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 562
  • GE Headers 003.jpg
    GE Headers 003.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 523
  • GE Headers 004.jpg
    GE Headers 004.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 534
  • GE Headers 006.jpg
    GE Headers 006.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 542
We have taken the time to sort out all of the original circlips for the front and rear wishbones. As some of you know the forward and trailing side of each scheaffer bearing take a different style retaining ring. This complete set includes the big 3.5" circlips that hold the front dust covers in. This package will fit all original cars and sell for $85. Using the parts manual reference numbers this will include all of the following 8 each S-12 and S-15, 2 of S-42 from the front suspension. From the rear suspension it will include 4 each T-48 and T-50, 2 each T-58 and T-62.

Attachments

• c-clips 001.jpg
    c-clips 001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 325
  • c-clips 002.jpg
    c-clips 002.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 333
  • c-clips 003.jpg
    c-clips 003.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 313
Status
Not open for further replies.