Original style Grling master cylinders: Where?

Hello!

I am looking for a source able to provide the original styles girling brake master cylinders, in 7/8 bore size.

I think they were used on some Austin healey 3000, but I had no chance on the net.

You can find replacements, but they don't have the correct shape arround the inlet port.

They are shown on plate P of the orig parts manual.

Any info greatly appreciated, especially if you can point me to a source which will not ask me to part with a leg!

Regards from France

Olivier

Guys, thanks for the replies, but what I am looking for is part 56 in this pics.

This is a Girling master cylinder, and has a flatmachined onto the inlet boss, with no ribs unlike newer productions Girling...

Attachments

• MC-GT40.jpg
    MC-GT40.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 499
Ian, thanks again for taking some time to reply, but unfortunatelly, the parts I am looking after seem to be NLA and my only chance would be someone would have some in a cabinet, or a company with NOS ones...

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

Olivier

I see, you're a purist ;)

Here is the exploded view of a girling Brake MC, used in Austin Healey 3000 Mk II, 1961-on... 7/8 bore.

The Girling part ref is 3110421W.

Hope this helps ! (But I doubt you can find some brand new units, or maybe NOS parts ?)

Attachments

• Maître cylindre Girling.JPG
    Maître cylindre Girling.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,345

Mike Pass

Supporter
Check whether the outlet pipe fitting is 3/16'or 1/4". 7/8"master cylinders were made in both these outlet sizes. The larger 1/4" were usually used used for the clutch as the larger pipe flowed the fluid more easily and helped the clutch action. Post what size you need. I have some Girling master cylinders in the garage and I will check to see if I have the one you need.
Cheers
Mike

Hello everybody,

First thank you all for your help. I have checked each proposition, and so far I havent found anything fullfilling my needs...

I had a deeper look at what I need, and the bore size I am looking for is not 7/8 as previously said but 13/16' which looks to be a bit weird, and definatelly not an Healey application...

The healey shape is the right one, but bore size is not. So I am back to the beigining...

The one who will point me in the original application of these weird master cylinders may win a good bottle of wine....

Olivier

Back