Overheating, suggestions?

The shroud will make the fans more effective. Instead of having fans tight to rad surface on only pulling air through the fan dia itself, the shroud will lift fans off core and draw air through entire surface instead. It's kind of a big deal. lol

Yep! A minimum of 3/4" to a two-inch offset should be okay.
The shroud needs to be sealed around the radiator too.

Howard Jones

Supporter
This seams to work very well.

Attachments

• HPIM1644.JPG
    HPIM1644.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 535
  • HPIM1645.JPG
    HPIM1645.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 546
  • HPIM1651.JPG
    HPIM1651.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 484
  • HPIM1650.JPG
    HPIM1650.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 532
  • HPIM1652.JPG
    HPIM1652.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 521
  • HPIM2164.jpg
    HPIM2164.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 569
Pete, just get enough CFM, if Allan has the fan that works, you can believe in that, he has the most experience in this department.

Mike, I think your car is wired the way a lot of Allan's cars are, which is that if either the AC request or the ECM request for fan is on, both fans are powered.

This is easy to do- you just tie both fans to both outputs, so if either one is on, both are powered.

Mine is that way, too.
My System is set up so that when you turn on the AC, one of the radiator fans come on, the other fan turns on when engine reaches 205. The person who charged my system says that both fans need to come on when the AC turns on. How do you wire that up so the engine temperature fan comes on even when the AC is off?

Mark B.

Supporter
My System is set up so that when you turn on the AC, one of the radiator fans come on, the other fan turns on when engine reaches 205. The person who charged my system says that both fans need to come on when the AC turns on. How do you wire that up so the engine temperature fan comes on even when the AC is off?
Are you running the Infinitybox system? If so, you can send the control module over to them. I had them program mine to have both fans come on with either AC and/or engine temp trigger.

Are you running the Infinitybox system? If so, you can send the control module over to them. I had them program mine to have both fans come on with either AC and/or engine temp trigger.

Hi Mark. Yes I have the Infinity Box system that came with the SLC in 2013. I was hoping to find a solution without having to disassemble and ship.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Just bypass the Infinity Box and run the fans from the ECU and A/C trinary switch.

Last edited:
Damn Pete, that sounds easy. Unfortunately I pull teeth for a living so winging it on the wiring front is pretty scary for me. Thanks for the advise.

Back