Paring Down Fourms

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
......I'm about to change into my flame retardent Nomex!

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ,

I went to get in my Nomex last night and due to the holidays and a several extra pounds my suit no longer fits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Your welcome to use mine and I'll 'bare' the onslaugth unprotected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Archie has one of the best looking rebodies I have ever seen. It's another choice that's made available and the more the merrier. I have a cobra with a chevy motor. Boy do I get it from the purists!. I think the Archie GT is perfect for the guy who has a fiero and likes it but desires something with more style.
Different strokes for different folks. If there was nobody buying them then Archie wouldn't be making them. So I think that shows there is plenty of folks out there with a Fiero that wishes to make it into something a little more exciting.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think the reason this forum was created in the first place (correct me if I'm wrong Ron) was to provide a resource to assist those who were/are looking to reproduce the most authentic GT40 'replica' possible. From chassis to paint, most of the members (and visitors) on this forum are here because they want to share information to produce the most accurate representation of the GT40. If that means they spend $100K and five years of their time - so be it.

Not speaking for everyone but I honestly don't think the people on this forum have a genuine problem with any kind of replia built - just don't compare a finshed to spec MDA or RF with a Fiero based car - apples and oranges my friend, that's all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nice job Archie.

Nice looking Car Archie,
I think Look Alikes should stay. Its a good knowledge base of other kits out out there. Off topics can also be a good read.

As for the elitist thing.... I think thats a bit sad, as from an Eligibility aspect to enter into race events everyone is in the same catogory regardless of how much you've spent or how near the original your finished car is.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Too much good living and debauchery Tim! Some designer has called on all his years of experience, worked his fingers to the bone and torn his hair out trying to save weight to give you a competitive car. A few days of good food,wine, women and song and you have thrown all that away! Why is it that the things we enjoy most are prone to terrible side effects?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Put the 40 away and get the pushbike out!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
I went to get in my Nomex last night and due to the holidays and a several extra pounds my suit no longer fits

[/ QUOTE ]
2nd time lucky. One day I might become computer literate!

Back