Re: pitchers of the gaint

going into the booth

Attachments

• 60814-GTHome3.jpg
    60814-GTHome3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 280

Bill,
That profile of that plug is sweet lookin'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks we still have a long way to go. We do have the chasses close to ready, engines and Trans are ready

Attachments

• 60840-GTSHOP1.jpg
    60840-GTSHOP1.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 280

Bill,

A plug is the "male" version of a mould, also known as a buck.

Moulds are pulled from the plug,

then the parts are laid up in the mould.

Funny you should ask, as I'm building the

plug right now for an 18' boat. It's a load of work,

trust me! I'm sure that there are MANY man hours in

the "Giant" plug, which looks great, by the way!

Bill

Hey Bill,
Are you using an OEM windshield or is it going to be a custom made piece?

It had to be a custom glass The first one is real spindy. But not as bad as it used to be, and I got a deal from the OEM guys, Same shape just bigger. Bill we have 780 Hr in this buck and it is just the primary to make the final plug. I just finished the buffing now 6 coats of carnauba wax then the dams then PVA then gelcoat

BillE,

780 hours! Whoa! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I AM impressed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I only have about 350 hours in my boat so far(scratchbuilt of my own design). I just began fairing the hull yesterday, so I have a long, long way to go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Congratulations on a job well done!
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Bill

Thanks Bill, are your arms as tired as mine. There has to be a easer way Do you have pitcher of the boat?

BillE,

Between a grinder with 36 grit and an orbital sander with 80 grit, my arms are so tired that by dinnertime I have a hard time feeding myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sound familiar?

I'll shoot a new photo or two today, when I move the boat outside for more "fun with sandpaper". It's certainly not on par with the Giant, nor will it ever be. Fortunately for me, boat tolerances are considerably more liberal! My hull is plywood and has no glass on it yet, so I have only faired the really bad spots to this point(joints, divots, warbles, etc.). After glassing(Nytex 1708), I'll be using a highbuild primer (can be laid on up to 1/4" thick) over the entire thing. Then the arms will really hurt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Lucky you, at least you only have the topside to worry about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Please keep those photos of the Giant coming!
It looks fantastic so far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I can't wait to see the finished product!

Bill

Hersh,

when you asked Bill a question above I had to laugh.
Have a look up the thread - its all Bills !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And now I've spoilt it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The Bills are tacking over.Bill as soon as i get the dams all on i weill post a pitcher.Bill E

We should start calling one of them William.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Work has slowed on the giant it was 117 in the booth whit the ac ruing on full . so we went to a night shift. At that tempter you put 16 oz of vinelester in the can and five drops of peroxide. mix wet out a one foot square of 3 oz mat then start the next Pease and the brush will not go in the can. That's just to HOT

Back