Pictures of the Giant

the engine

Attachments

• 61905-GTengine&trans.jpg
    61905-GTengine&trans.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 207
Bill,

Small batches are the only way to go in this heat! I created some modern art sculpture(brushes in kicked pots)just yesterday with some polyester. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

FYI, In the heat, for larger batches, I fill a styrofoam cooler with ice, and set my resin pot directly in it. That extends the pot life considerably. Fewer wasted brushes too!

117º??? Time for a new air conditioner!

Looking good, BTW!!!

Bill

Well we got it done. will pull the skin tomorrow Friday I will post pitchers. Bill I an looking into a wet out gun with a cooler. I think this will fix the problem and with five of these cars to do now it makes since. Our Emerson MotorSports Riverbank bash is this Saturday everyone on this form is invited. We will have the giant GT there Bill E

Bill
I am curious...how are you going to do the doors?
The job looks pretty good from here. I am assuming that Your mold is in sections to take care of the negative draft areas on the body.
Take care
Phil

This is the mail plug from a female mould and final moulds we be taken from this plug after the detail is added. door sills and windshield sills and deck lands. So mager changes are still possible from this point. So speck up. We do plan the Chang the roof line and widen the side scoop. and increases the size of the wheel arches.

Hi Bill
As a patern maker myself I can't understand why you have gone to all the trouble of taking a mould and a grp product from the original plug if you are going to change it yet again. Surely you would of been better to do any alterations the the existing plug and then take the mould from that???
Also depending on what resins you are using, the mould and product taken from it will shrink, so you might not end up with the same dimentions that you started out with, unless you have taken the shrinkage into account and built your original plug oversize.
Regards Bud

.Yes bud we did calculate for shrinking. We used vinelester ceramic composite. Not a lot of shrinkage in this stuff. It is hard to hand lay though. But we are shooting for 1/8 door seems as on most of our cobras and this was the way we did it on that.

Yes it is. 16 feet long. This will allow us to do some things that you would not see in this style of car normally. The guy we used for a model is 6'3" and then we added clearance for rollbar and helmet, then dimensionally increased the size to make him comfortable. All the pedals and steering columns are adjustable.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Ron,

I can attest to the fact that this is a big car made for big people who normally don't stand a snowball's chance of fitting comfortably in GT40 size car. The drive train certainly looks the part as well; the ZF looks absolutely tiny sticking out from the back end of that Ford modular. The suspension is equally beefy. If anyone has ever taken a close look at a Checker, of Checker Cab fame, this would be midengine sports car that they would have built. I can imagine some former NFL guy driving this cars around and being very comfortable, but being able to go like stink as well and not just in a straight line either!

Regards,
Lynn

Best of luck with the project Bill, I will be keeping an eye on your progress if you are kind enough to keep posting the pics
Bud

Thanks Lynn I did have some of the past Oakland raiders in the shop seem,s they are tired of driving SUV,S

I dont wont to over do the pitchers but if the is somthing you wont to see on here let me know. Bill E

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Bill,

Why don't you start a thread for "The Giant" on the Builders Forum. That is exactly what it is for and I am sure that everyone will interested in and appreciate seeing how the car is progressing!

I'd love to see some more shots of the chassis as well. I think you have enough features that wouldn't be detectable in a photo so that you wouldn't be giving away all of your trade secrets :)

Of course, we are all waiting to see a body mated to the chassis also!!!

Regards,
Lynn

Back