Plumbing PCV ventilation with a Harrop ITB

I know a few of you are running the Harrop ITB with mesh filters (i.e., no air box). How are you plumbing the connections that normally go to the intake manifold/intake tubing, specifically the "snout" that exits the valley cover and the breather fittings on the valve covers.

I'm thinking of just running those connections to a filtered catch can but wondering if there were any alternatives? On a plastic intake manifold the valley cover "snout" went to the intake manifold by the MAP, and the fittings on the valve covers went to the air intake tube just after the MAF and you couldn't just run them to a filtered air source because that would be introducing unmetered air, but here with no MAF I guess that's okay?

The engine will be happy if you just vent it (to a catch can will keep your car cleaner).

The 'normal' setup is to reduce overall emissions. Most of what goes through is blow by (air & fuel), so 'burning' it in the engine is the green thing to do.

Every ITB engine I know of is just vented. We have 2, and spent the weekend with 60 others...

Yea, i don't care about the environment (lol) :)

The reason I asked is because I was pretty sure both get vented to a filtered catch can, but for some reason last year I ran the valley cover snout to the vacuum port on the back of the intake manifold. Then I was looking at it last night all confused why I did that (pretty sure i wasn't paying attention, heh)

btw, I assume it's okay to use starlite hose in that application? i assume so since it has a vacuum rating of 20 in/hg (versus 24 in/hg for automative pcv hose)

Back