polsky Gt40

Looks like the GOX GT40 from Sweden....

It`s not a Gox. Spaceframe is diffirent, this one is simplier looking.
Gox don`t sell cars (as far as i know) for dealers, and they did only limited run of 40 cars. I think only few left, if any.

Around 100k euros in full-kit form that "polskykit". In reality, czechs i think?

Last edited:
The frame looks very similar to most and has a striking resemblance to the old Phil Ware, New Zealand unit. If you look at the old GTD, Tornado, KVA etc. there are a lot of similarities.

Mike Pass

Supporter
The car is made by a guy called Lech in Poland. He also does Cobras. He originally made a 40 very similar to an early KVA -Cortina front axle assembly. He developed the chassis to much more like a GTD. He seems to use an audi v8 and trans axle in his cars. He sells body kits on Ebay in the UK via a relative in Hamburg. He also does seats very similar to GTD style. One of his early body chassis is owned by a member in Lancaster. A friend of mine has visited him in Poland and says his Cobras were very well built and that the GT40 was coming on well. I will get my Polish friend to translate the info and will post when available.
Cheers
Mike

My thought's exactly Marcus.

I recognized the photos immediately after Paolo posted the link yesterday afternoon.

So many copies but only one genuine article .... the TS40!

S

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I had a Czech worker a at the office translate a bit on the site.

About GBP25k equivalent for a full kit less engine box bolts and rivets
About GBP35k for a built car (but unsure if this included drivetrain)

Based in Prague

He believes he has seen some of the other replicas like the cobra over there but never a GT40

Any more questions and I'll ask him to translate

cheers
Ian

Last year I have bought a gt40 kit from this company in Poland
Before ordering I have made a visit to Poland with a friend that could translate for me.
They have a small garage were he restores and ( he says build the cars ).
During my visit the were no car being build at all.
There was one gt40 mKII wich he was completing for someone from the UK.
Because the price did fit my budget I have placed the order for the bodywork chassis ( looks like KVA C type ) complete with suspention, arms and seats
He would also mount the middlle section the front window and the doors and bring the car to holland.
The delivery time was about 6 till 8 weeks.

After about 6 monts and a lot of phone calls from my friend it arrived
middlle section doors front screen were not mounted rear hubs were missing ( still ).

To make a long story short If you have a small buget and a lot of technical experiance and time .
It is a way to start building a gt40 replica
It is not a kit that can be put together following a build manual.

If some body likes more info
send me a PM.

Ben

The car is made by a guy called Lech in Poland. He also does Cobras. He originally made a 40 very similar to an early KVA -Cortina front axle assembly. He developed the chassis to much more like a GTD. He seems to use an audi v8 and trans axle in his cars. He sells body kits on Ebay in the UK via a relative in Hamburg. He also does seats very similar to GTD style. One of his early body chassis is owned by a member in Lancaster. A friend of mine has visited him in Poland and says his Cobras were very well built and that the GT40 was coming on well. I will get my Polish friend to translate the info and will post when available.
Cheers
Mike

I have seen his work, take an kva, leave it in the backgarden for 20yrs and sell it as new. the gay is a BIG joke. the chassis does not even look like the picture on his webpage. it's more like an kva b/c. very bad welding(some broken) , painted with a brush (not even everywhere) rust on the chassis rusted balljoints . weather seal strip is 10mm thick i.s.o. 3mm. suspention arms mig-welded (spot after spot), 6 weeks delivery time.... after 6 month's it came.. and still (half a year later) no rear hub's if you want the hole story I need an hour or so (BUT his seats are nice) sorry Ben I had to reply

sorry, there is a misstake, this companie is not a polsky companie.........

this companie is locatet at prag, a big city in czechoslovakia, some friends lifes there and iff i get infos i will write about. needs a little time.

ernst just

Back