possibly the sickest engine/tran package for an SLC ??

Okay, guys: you asked for it.

Ford Will Now Sell You Its 7.3-Liter 'Godzilla' V-8 as a Crate Engine

7.3L V8 430HP SUPER DUTY CRATE ENGINE

ford-1593521224.jpg

^ about 540 lbs apparently. Makes sense, it's got similar architecture to the LS engines, but with an iron block. Alum LS weighs about 450.

Neil

Supporter
Hmmm...reading the promotional material, it is a truck engine. That makes sense; only 430 BHP from 7.3 liters. No thanks- my Cummins 5.9L diesel is a better truck engine. As a car engine, it is big, heavy, and rather anemic. My aluminum block Donovan weighs 390 lbs complete and puts out around 620 BHP. I fail to see where its market niche lies.

Before I did that, I would put the big pig RV chassis Triton V10.

Before I did that, I would put a ford 4.9 L6 with a turbo.

I could wear you guys out with better engine options than that pig.

But there is a guy on Clubcobra who is squeezing one in a Cobra, but with some mods to up the HP.

I imagine a cam change and long tube headers would have this motor well over 600 HP. The real upside will happen when these start hitting the salvage yards in 4-5 years so people can build a beefy motor for less than $10K.

@GT40Fan or anyone else who might know, are they Predator builds using the graziano?
do you know if they are on the forum? I wanted to check with them on the ECU/trans etc....
if they arent on the forum can you give them my contact info and ask them to contact me?

Back