Potenza RE-11 tires?

Hey guys.

I'm running a couple events and all of them require a 200 treadwear tire. AKA, street tire.

Seems like the only one I could find that fits the 325/30/19 is the Potenza RE-11's which, are getting good reviews.

Wondering what other people have run and if those are my best bang for my buck. My 300TW current tires are good, but slide too easily.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Nitto Invos have a 220 rating. They've performed well for me, but then I've only driven about 1/8 miles so far ;)

Michelin PS3's grip well. The nitto nto5a grip just as well or better but the 335 rating in the rear may cause you to have to grind out the rear fender wells a little bit. they look the best, they really fill the wheel wells

Thanks Pete. Considering my car doesn't fit in any of the events I want to compete in, unless it's in the "X" class, tire selection is WIDE open.

probably time for some slicks! YAAAA BUDDY!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Be very careful with slicks.
Unlike road tires that start to chitter, then squeel followed by a WAIL just before they totally let go - slicks give very little audible feedback ....
One second they are stuck like glue, then a millisecond later you're looking through the windscreen at the track you just drove over...

...but what do I know?....

Unlike road tires that start to chitter, then squeel followed by a WAIL just before they totally let go - slicks give very little audible feedback ....
One second they are stuck like glue, then a millisecond later you're looking through the windscreen at the track you just drove over...

Just another internet mechanic, eh? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback, it's new territory for me :)

Eric, ask around in the paddock and you'll get exactly the same response from the AutoX guys running Hoosiers

Eric, ask around in the paddock and you'll get exactly the same response from the AutoX guys running Hoosiers

I believe you and definitely Randy (I spent more time with him in a little CR-V than I care to admit).

I was just busting his chops.

All good advice all around. I appreciate it :)

Eric...not sure if you settled on tires, but I have run RE-11's on my Corvette for track days in the past. For 200 rated tires, I found that they cornered well and had some longevity in them. I eventually graduated up to Conti slicks, but I truly had nothing bad to say about the RE-11....pretty good tire.

Back