Price for a CAV

Looking at the VIP Classics website - which doesn't appear to be updated in some time, the price of a CAV appears to be 64900 for a standard roller. Is that true? Anyone know?

Mike

That is the price for a roller without air and leather I believe.I researched all this before I bought MONO29 with 80 miles on it and here is what I found: price for roller with leather and ac is 69500$.Cost of engine and trans(ford 345 HP crate motor and Audi 5 speed GETRAG)9000$ Then cost of install and peripheral components 3000$ for a total of 81500$. Then when you register it in AZ you pay a 7 % sales tax on the 69500$ so you are finally driving it at86000$ and a lot of time invested (my time is cheap but not that cheap).To me the the way to go was to find a completed car at a 20000$ discount and then drive and enjoy it.The downside to this is that the new CAVS supposedly have some 30 "upgrades" which make it a "better" car. You have to make the decision. i talked to several owners who like their cars and even tracked a few and decided to go for the discount.The car has passed the close and critical scrutiny of my hot rod builder friends and i am driving and enjoying it before passing it on to someone else.One neat thing is that because the car is registered as a 1966 Ford special construction coupe the registration fee is 23.50$per year and no emissions are required for pre 1967 registered autos.This may not be the case in other states so AZ is a replica friendly state. Hope that lasts.

Mike, Jerry is right. I have CAV #8 and couldn't be happier. If you are looking for a car that you can get into and go the same as a Toyota than a used CAV is the way to go. Mine has never failed to start and go even at 18 degrees or never over heated stuck in traffic at 98 degrees. The most fun thing I have ever owned. PM me and I will tell you a lot more about it. Joesph

Attachments

• 68204-01.jpg
    68204-01.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 393

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
If I were in the market for a CAV I would have jumped all over the one currently for sale on the Cobra Country website http://www.cobracountry.com then click on GT40 for sale. Silver\black $65,000 and negotiable.

Nothing to do with me

Hey Thats my car and I think the mirrors are georgeous not those big swoopy plastic things hanging out from the door Jerry

Mike,

Please call me at 619-708-3180, anytime, 24/7, then I can give you the correct pricing for exactly what you want. For instance I have the following cars in stock today:
1. AutoFutura CAV with AC and leather for $59,900.
2. A yellow CAV Prototype Targa, wide hip 17"BRMs. pilot sport 335/245s periscopes for $67,950. A/C optional.
3. F1Red with white strips, Autofutura CAV wide hip, AC, leather, 17” BRM’s, pilot sport 335/265.periscopes.
4. Le-Mans Blue with white strips, wide hip, # 105 latest generation, suede interior, AC, gurney, wheels whatever.
5.Yellow standard coupe, with 15” wheels, leather and AC. $59,900
6. I will be selling my own driver which is white with blue strips, wide hip, 17” BRM’s 335/265 pilot sports, approximately 1000 miles, less engine and trans.$59,500

Yes, the new generation cars which have over 50 improvement and upgrades and do cost more starting at $64,900 We usually carry 4-8 rollers in stock, all with different colors, specks, and pricing. Yes, we also take trade-ins. For the gent who a few weeks ago asked the forum does AutoFutura put cars on consignment with VIP (I wish) NO, we have to pay for them before and as they are being built.

In the next couple of weeks I will post the new generation AutoFutura GT photos..."WOW". Autofutura has really stepped up; VIP has just received the first two cars… 6'5" tall, no problem. First car sold, second will be come VIP’s demo/driver/racer, more are inbound.

Roy Sayles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif www.vipclassics.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back