Problems with Jay Cushman

FWIW, I was working in nearby VT back in 2010 and drove up on a Saturday to visit JC's shop and pick up a few parts.

Jay and others were busy working on a GT-40 rebuild when I arrived at his shop. I know Jay was busy and was only planning to pick up the parts I had called him earlier on, but he still took the time to show me around the shop. His parts storage area was to die for...with endless racks of assorted 427, GW engine parts, and other rare bits. He also let me take close up shots of the ducting and fiberglass work on the replacement body to help me along with my build.

So all I can say at this point is that Jay has taken good care of me and I plan to do more business with him in the future. I can say overall I've had great experiences in the past with online ordering from vendors and private parties outside of the GT-40 world. However, my most disappointing and frustrating experience so far, has been with another GT-40 vendor, which is surprising to me as small of a group as we are.

So buyer beware, if you can drive to their shop and pickup the parts, do so. Given the cost of GT-40 part$ and the potential for not getting what you asked for, spending a few hundred dollars more on a plane ticket and buying the parts in person, may not be such a bad idea.

Tom

Last edited:
Back