Proposed track date at VIR..

I noticed that the Superformance Cobra Club (www.secondstrike.com) is having an event at VIR (Virginia International Raceway near Danville) on May 17-18, 2003. I attended their event last fall and it is quite nice. I am proposing that a group of us attend and bring GT40's to the event. Last year they permitted other cars to attend and several non superformance cobras and other cool cars were there. We could participate as individuals or approach them now as a group and try to do a dual event.

You can see from their website that it includes an autocross and figure 8 for those just learning the limits of their car, and some track time on the south part of the VIR course. They break the people into run groups of similar skill and speed levels and offer ride along instruction. Usually Olthoff Racing brings their One Lap of America class winning Cobra, etc.

I am going to attend (assuming I buy a transaxle soon
smile.gif
). Any other takers?

Thanks
Gary

[ January 23, 2003: Message edited by: Gary Gibbs ]

Gary I plan on going. that is if my car is ready. HRE is doing a wide body with a stroker, ZF transaxle.will probably be ready in march. in any case i will be taking the superformance there.
Pete Khushal
CAV GT 40 MKIIB

Yes SAAC-28 is in Nashville the next weekend. I will be at both events. We will have a CAV garage with my car and some other car (TBD).

I received a note from Mike Stenhouse,Second Strike, , event in May is closed to non Supeformance cars. SP is shooting a promotional video.
NASA is having a HPDE in August, excellent fun to be had.

Buzz
FFR1273

Back