PW Tornado Build pics

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Paul, very hot looking exhausts (pun intended). They look terrific. Not much help to you over there but mine are coated in zinc aluminium which looks pretty good.

Briany - yes I have used the locks you show in the picture. Whats missing from them is the locking bar that fits in the two pairs of metal hinges - it's a bit difficult to see on that picture but they should come with them fitted. Anyway my servo's just move this back and forth instead of a normal key style lock mounted on the outside of the door.

Pete, I'm probably going to go with the silver ceramic camcoating - there doesn't seem to be any other places in the UK unless you wan't it chrome .Having run the engine and felt the heat off the headers I don't think chrome would be the best option.

Started trimming the interior....

Attachments

• 65499-DSCN1093.JPG.jpg
    65499-DSCN1093.JPG.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,247
Wow!! looks great.

I am considering a Tornado kit because I like the way they look (and the price is pretty good too!). Keep posting, as I am particularly interested in the Tornado!!

Regards,

Clint

Thanks Clint - just got the exhaust back from camcoat and it looks great....

Attachments

• 65951-Camcoatpipes.jpg
    65951-Camcoatpipes.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,228
Fitted the petrol caps today, I'm using an aero style cap that will go inside the outer cap.

Attachments

• 65953-Aerocap.jpg
    65953-Aerocap.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,192
This also helps with the UK SVA as I'm not fitting the outer caps till it has passed.

Attachments

• 65955-Cap2.jpg
    65955-Cap2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,089
Amazing work as ever Paul. Clever idea on the fuel caps, and the exhausts look awesome.

Cheers.

Thanks Pete, yes I am pleased with the coating - I toyed with the idea of chrome but after running the engine and feeling the heat I figured it is best to get as much out the tailpipe as possible. I also didn't realise that you can repolish the coating as it will dull over time.

Popped my GT's cherry today - we drove down the private lane at the back of my house - crikey this a fast car !!!!! Seems like a ridiculous thing to say but having never driven one before - but driven a few fast cars I was amazed. I spent 40 mins beforhand running in the cam and then off we went. Need to mod a few things - clutch pedal too low and heavy - anybody know if this is normal with the mustang clutch setup and will it get a bit easier once it's bedded in? Also need to raise the height of the brake pedal. This will also mean I don't have to have the seat so far forward !

I got all of my gauges yesterday so put them in straight away - engine temp hovers around 90 degrees and sounds great. Also need to suss why my alternator and regulator aren't working properly as this stopped my fun early ! Don't think the neighbours were enjoying it quite as much.

The switches that correspond to the lights on this first pic are temporarily mounted on the rhs of the steering wheel to get through sva. Once I'm through I can move them over and put the two AC controls on the rhs of the dash in their place.
A few pics of the new smiths gauges.....

Attachments

• 66311-PWGauges1.jpg
    66311-PWGauges1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,088
Thanks Bill, to start with I am just going to spray the dash satin black, mainly because I can live with it for a while ,get through sva and then decide.
You only undo 4 bolts and 6 connectors to remove the dash ,so it's easy to cover it at a later date if i want to.

Interior virtually finished, just needs handbrake lever trim, gearstick gaitor and Harnesses.

Attachments

• 66790-PWInterior1.jpg
    66790-PWInterior1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,242
Back