PW Tornado Build pics

OK so I have done the Dukes of hazard thing - let me tell you it is a hazard in these cars. Dave morton suggested I step between the door and the A pillar but my garage roof isn't very high either so you have to watch yer bonce on the roof ! The easiest way at the moment is to crouch under the roof of the door and then do a 180 to sit on the cill and swing your legs in.
I started extending my garage today - and a re-roof higher.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Paul, sorting the garage out is a necessary step, but the big, bad world awaits !!

My back has been playing up for a while, so gymnastics are out for me. Last w/e I went out to the local hardware store & parked well away from everyone & did my shopping - when I came out, lo & behold - a dirty big 4WD on my RHS & not a chance in hell of me getting into the car !

I spent half an hour leaning on the car & fielding questions from on-lookers until the 4WD owner finally turned up ! Not so bad, as there is always someone to talk to while you wait !!

Have fun !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Rebuilt the garage - a bit more space ........

Attachments

• 56679-Garage.jpg
    56679-Garage.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,177
Been fitting/modifying the wiring loom so not many pics to post - most of its done now so onto the fuel system. Fuel pumps / filters / cutoff valves all fitted and onto the tanks.

Attachments

• 59526-DSCN0947.JPG.jpg
    59526-DSCN0947.JPG.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,174
Fitted - there is foam between the tank and the chassis/brackets but this pic makes it look like there isn't any.

Attachments

• 59527-DSCN0949.JPG.jpg
    59527-DSCN0949.JPG.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,219
Change of plan on the lights - moved the indicator from the outside (gulf position) to inside the lower recess and made up some tinted lenses.
Now in the dash fitting / wiring mode.

Attachments

• 60212-PWLenses.jpg
    60212-PWLenses.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,128

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Paul

How do you do for minimum height from ground (SVA) for that indicator?

Or are you going to fit another for the SVA?

Cheers
Ian

The lower recess will be blocked off for SVA (Tape over the light cover) and another indicator mounted in the headlight recess temporarily. I don't think there is any way of mounting an indicator in the lower recess that will pass UK SVA. I'm about to mount the side repeater above the body catches that I have just mounted : -

Attachments

• 60556-BodyCatches.jpg
    60556-BodyCatches.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,056

Ron Earp

Admin
Paul, it looks nice! I have just one suggestion though on your tank mounting - you might want to take the time to weld some "ears" about 1.5" wide and 6" long on the outside of the tank parallel to the front and rear down tubes that are in front of and at the rear of the tank. These ears would overlap on the downtubes. Then, you could drill holes in the ears, holes in the down tubes and secure the tank firmly using bolts and do away with the three folded straps that hold it in place now. It would be a little more secure and eliminate any virbration that might occur with the compressed strap method.

It might already have something like that though.

R

Ron, I considered this when i was designing the tanks but my welder man thought that any sort of "ears" would create a stress point on the tank. The straps I have used have foam (compressed) all the way around the tank so it is held firmly in place - they are very tight on the tank. It's a bit hard to see from the pic I posted.

Side repeaters ,body locators and catches fitted. The side repeator is from a peugeot 505.

Attachments

• 60685-Siderepeater.JPG.jpg
    60685-Siderepeater.JPG.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,282
Paul where did you get body locators and what catches are you using.are they stainless and double catching.Car is looking good.Thanks KEVIN

Fitted the rear vents and fog / reverse light for SVA. I will move them once I am through it.

Attachments

• 61619-Rearvents.jpg
    61619-Rearvents.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,124
Back