Quaife internals for UN?

It seems to be a common solution for transaxle; quaife internals in UN1/369. However, I didn`t found anything for UN from Quaife netpages. Only ATB "LSD".
If they are still making uprate kit, who is selling it, and is there anything else in that kit but just HD clutch axle?

Of course I can ask tomorrow direct from Quaife, but hoping that someone knows the facts. Thanks :)

Last edited:
there is a company in Australia who also does conversion kits for the UN5 transmission, which is a fair bit tougher. PM me if you want their details.

Malcolm

Supporter
I though Chris Cole had retired? Kevin Jones of GTO engineering has the rights to all the quaife bits inside a UN1 as he originally comissioned them. Talk to him direct and you will find out what you need to know. Sorry don't have his number to hand but internet search on GTO Engineering should find it for you.

Chris is probably the best bet, I believe the Quaiffe ATB is about the only diff you can get for the UN1....I Havent found another one yet anyway.

Also Quaiffe only sell ATB's to authorised dealers so it seems, so ringing them up and ordering one isn't actually that simple.
I Can get one supplied and fitted to a gearbox (provided by me) for about a grand (£1000) assuming it doesnt need anything else throwing at it like bearings or seals. Not a bad price considering.

Malcolm

Supporter
I do have a used Renault Sport LSD for a UN1. I am happy to sell but think the Quaife ATB to be better. Mine would be cheaper if on a budget though! Also note that the final drive ratio is 3.88 not the better 3.44.

What about driveshafts? I Can make shafts from 2wd Cossie ones (110mm dia/10mm bolts vs. 100mm/8mm 4x4 and Scorpio), but adaptor "outlets" between box and shafts; is there reasonable solution for that? I can make these too, but they needs a lot of work.

Malcolm

Supporter
Maybe Mrs Cole gave him the job list she has been building up all these years waiting for him to retire so he thought it better to stay at work?

Back