Question For Members In Australia

David

Lifetime Supporter
Was surfing this afternoon and came across this this GT40 dvd site http://www.pitstop.net.au/pitstop/plu/14840 Anybody viewed this dvd, is it worth the money and will it work in the States?

Thanks

thorin
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave.. Pitstop is a reputable online bookshop here. I have dealt with them and one DVD I got would not work on my player. They were very good and said to return it. I'm no expert but I believe that good players now will play all types of DVD's Unlike the old tapes. I would have thought it would be available in the States from someone similar to Pitstop. Regards.

Keith

I believe this is the Duke DVD version of the VHS tape some of us in the UK have already bought. It is OK and has some good early racing shots. There is a thread here somewhere with a discussion as to the relative merits of this video. The vid doesn't mention Mkiv's at all though. There is also an intesting interview with the owner of an original MkI and a test drive of a MKIII and the good old Gulf MKI which was also featured in the (in)famous Top Gear program driven by Jeremy Clarkson. Hope this helps.

I have lent my copy to someone so I can't be sure but it's likely to be Pal not NTSC. Make sure your equipment can cope with that.
I'm not sure whether it's region coded but if so it's not hard to find a player that can cope.
As for content, I thought it was ok.
Pitstop are definitely reputable. I have bought many videos, DVD's and books from them over the years.
I have had one or two DVD's that didn't work and they replaced them no questions asked. They also replaced a video that was damaged in transit. They are exceptional in this regard.

Tim.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this is the Duke DVD version of the VHS tape some of us in the UK have already bought.

[/ QUOTE ]

The UK Duke website offers the DVD in both PAL (European) and NTSC (USA) formats. If you're going to buy it for viewing the the US, you probably will need a DVD player that can handle the PAL format, or get the DVD in the NTSC format.
http://www.dukevideo.com/products/3680NV.htm

For some reason US version of the Duke website doesn't carry the video.

Although still PAL version, I noticed that ezydvd.com.au has it for AU$32.95(inc. GST). That's AU$29.98 without GST for international buyers.

Well if your equipment supports PAL, then you might as well enjoy higher resolution that PAL offers over NTSC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shipping is AU$5.50. So that would be roughly US$27.50 delivered. It's even cheaper than from link above, well just. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EzyDVD are a very large DVD retailer here in Aus, probably the largest, so certinaly trustworthy.

Enjoy.

Click here for EzyDVD web page

Dave,
I got this DVD for Christmas, its not that bad overall, and actually has people from Ford (Tom Malcolm, Heritage) speaking in it.

Brett

Back