Question For Snakeeyes (or anyone else)

David

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

Some time ago, over on Club Cobra, Hersh and you talked about a book by Carroll Smith "Creating the Ford GT40". It was supposed to come out in January '03. B&N still says it is due out in 1/03, but the picture has gone and still nothing available. Do you have any information?

Thanks for you help.

Dave Lowell

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Dave,

It is with sadness that I tell you all on this forum that Carroll is not well. He has cancelled numerour engagements for the rest of this year and even into next year. I fear he is not well indeed.

I have phoned him at home and only got his answer machine.

I am sure that all those who have ever had anything to do with this TRUE GENTLEMAN will wish a fast and full recovery and I would like to pass on my thoughts from all our staff at Roaring Forties.

Robert

Dave, sorry for not replying. I missed your question until now.

Robert, thank you for the update. That is sad news indeed. My best wishes go out to Carroll and his family.

I have been checking my pre-order on this book for months, and e-mailed Carroll's website a couple of weeks back inquiring on status. The lack of a reply is understandable now. About a week ago I checked bn.com and was informed that my order was "canceled at my request", which baffled me as I had done no such thing, but again the update on Carroll's health explains that, as well.

Anyhow, I hope Mr. Smith makes a total recovery and is able to grace us all with his wisdom for years to come.

Bob

David

Lifetime Supporter
Robert:

Thanks for the information. My prayers and best wishes go out to Carroll and his family.

Bob:

Thanks for your update - everything makes more sense now.

Dave Lowell

The news of Carroll is truly upsetting. I honestly wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

He is, as Robert mentioned, a true gentleman. In my one opportunity to converse with him, I was in so much awe of the man that I suspect my conversation was quite babbled, but none the less, he still made the effort to have an intelligent conversation with me.

Get well soon Carroll
smile.gif

Back