Radiator thermostatic fan switch.

I've got one of the Docking ally radiators - presuming the large threaded hole on the RHS is for a thermostatic rad fan switch - what switch are all you guys using ?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Kenlow control with adjustable top temp control using a small probe in the radiator and twin Sierra Cosworth fans.
Dave M

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
My Dax uses an external control.Not sure what make.The probe is a thin tube with a bracket that clips onto one of the fan mounts, it just nestles in against the radiator core, so it doesnt require a tapping.
regards
Dave

http://www.dccontrol.com/index.htm

That company makes an interesting variable speed fan control. Instead of cycling the fan on and off, I believe it uses a switch mode power supply to vary the speed. This eliminates the current spike from the fan turning on and will keep the temp more constant.

They also make a model with two outputs that can control an electric fan and water pump. It sounds like a great idea to me and I have only heard praise of their products.

Also, if it takes less power to run your fan and pump, your altrenator will not have to produce as many amps, so that means less parasitic loss and more power.

Paul, assuming Docking use the same thread pattern as the GTD then a Ford switch is used, but be aware that there are different on and off temp settings, you need to get the right one. I probably have the part number somewhere in my muddle, so if you cannot get the right one call me, FRank

Back