RCR Chassis #14 Ron McCall

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, thanks again for the ride. I was down in MD the weekend before Thanksgiving and Ron, as usual, was extremely hospitable. He gave me an extended ride in his 40 and we spent additional time conversing about the build etc. Great guy. Lovely wife too. What can I say that hasn't already been said before. The car is top shelf. I still haven't stopped smiling. Ron is fortunate enough to live in what I call rural suburbia. Long open roads, some twisty roads and NO congestion. The car is one of the fastest I've been in and it handles like it was on rails. He promised to take me out when it snows! I can't wait. I think with 600+ hp he should be able to chew right throught the snow chains.:) After being in Ron's car I don't know why all you guys are complaining about the Porsche's. I've been on the track in a GT2 and I believe with Ron's driving ability and the car he has built, the Porsche drivers have something to fear. And the sound of his engine, pure symphony. Ron, thanks again for your hospitality.

Ron McCall

Supporter
I finally found a steering wheel I was happy with .
What do you think??

Attachments

• IMG_4322.jpg
    IMG_4322.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,076
  • IMG_4318.jpg
    IMG_4318.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,064

Chuck

Supporter
VERY Nice! I assume that is leather wrapped. Source? What about the GT emblem? Nice original look! Give us the details!!

Chuck

Ron McCall

Supporter
Looks like a Grant 739 but blacked out. Looks nice!

Sandy

Damn! You're good! It is a Grant 739 that I painted with Black Satin paint and added a emblem that I got from Paul Thompson. Unfortunately ,they don't offer this wheel in black or leather.It is Vinyl but looks and feels very much like leather.It only comes with polished aluminum spokes also.I was able to use the quick release that came from RCR with the car.All I had to do was get a bit "creative" with the bolts.The RCR adapter uses 1/4"-20 bolts and the wheel is set up for 10-32 bolts. The heads of the 1/4" bolts wouldn't fit through the chrome bezel so I just chucked them up in my drill press and filed the diameter of the heads down until they did.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,
I like it!
Did the alumi hub come with the wheel, or is it the summit piece?
Thanks....

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I just yanked one off the Cobra and the P/N was fresh in my head when it went back in the box. It's too bad you can't order some of the Grant wheels in leather. The wheel was a bit too large for the Cobra, but it may find home (with some satin black paint) in the RCR.

I did get an adapter from Grant that may also work as a plug in to the RCR shaft, but I have not thought about trying it.

Sandy

Ron McCall

Supporter
I made up some "track pipes" so I can piss off the neighbors even more than usual! ;)
It sounds bad as hell!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4384.jpg
    IMG_4384.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_4381.jpg
    IMG_4381.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 771
Back