RCR Chassis #14 Ron McCall

Ron, the response to your car at the recent gathering at Radcliffe Motorcars demonstrates the quality and integrity of your work. As a Ferrari nut, the one thing I have found is reluctance by some (more online than in person) to accept the "replica" or appreciate such a car for what it is. But in a field of vintage Italian V12's, your car received the most and deepest praise. (OK, the Countach generated some buzz too, because it is a Countach fergodzake... but which one would you rather drive?) Congratulations!

-J.

Radcliffe Motorcars May 3 - Photos - FerrariChat.com

Attachments

• rmc OH 08 059 gt40 lr.jpg
    rmc OH 08 059 gt40 lr.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,338

Ron McCall

Supporter
Ron, the response to your car at the recent gathering at Radcliffe Motorcars demonstrates the quality and integrity of your work. As a Ferrari nut, the one thing I have found is reluctance by some (more online than in person) to accept the "replica" or appreciate such a car for what it is. But in a field of vintage Italian V12's, your car received the most and deepest praise. (OK, the Countach generated some buzz too, because it is a Countach fergodzake... but which one would you rather drive?) Congratulations!

-J.

Radcliffe Motorcars May 3 - Photos - FerrariChat.com

Thanks for all of the great comments. You guys are the bast! I hope to see some of you at Carlisle!!!

Thanks salmjo1! That was a very fun time. I was amazed at the reception I recieved at that event. There were some outstanding cars there! There were a few jackasses who ran over with their jaws hanging when I drove in only to turn their heads and walk away when they found out it was a replica but 90% of the people there were very nice , made very nice comments and showed a great deal of interest.There were a couple of older guys who said that they worked on real GT40s "back in the day" who said they were very impressed with the car.
I took my friend (Who ownes one of the vintage V12 Ferraris as well as the Shelby GT350 ) for a ride and he proclaimed my car as "the fastest car he had ever been in...by far")
I tried to get one of the Countach guys to race me for pink slips but he wouldn't go for it! ;)

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Anyone who has actually seen Ron's car knows what I'm saying is true, but finally seeing his craftsmanship in person was incredible. Truly a spectacular car that garnered tons of attention and a second place award at the Pocono Celebration of Speed and Design this weekend. In the background is Charlie's beautiful Safir.

Attachments

• GT40s at Poconos.jpg
    GT40s at Poconos.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 768
Ron,

It was great meeting you and Fran at the Carlisle show. Your car was so nicely turned out. I picked up quite a few tips and ideas on how to make my car better-starting with that trick tow hook attachment you fabricated.

Keep up the good work!

Ron McCall

Supporter
Thanks for the GREAT comments guys!!!
Mark: it looked like you took a tom of pictures @ Pocono... Care to post some of them??

Anyone who has actually seen Ron's car knows what I'm saying is true, but finally seeing his craftsmanship in person was incredible. Truly a spectacular car that garnered tons of attention and a second place award at the Pocono Celebration of Speed and Design this weekend. In the background is Charlie's beautiful Safir.

Is the picture you attached downloadable in wallpaper format somewhere???

I am completely sold. I have been trying to deside what kit car I wanted to do for ages and this build has put me over the edge!! The guys at RCR would be smart to put a link for this build on there home page as inspiration and as a selling tool. Pure craftmanship.

One general question, Is there anyplace that I can get a copy electronic or paper of the assembly book that would come with the car?

Thank you
Reno

Last edited:

Ron McCall

Supporter
I got a new set of street tires and 17" wheels! ( THANK YOU FRAN!!!)What do you guys think???
Should I paint them black or leave them?????

darksideguy: The turn signals are actually LED trailer replacement lights that just happen to fit in the brake ducts perfectly! I plan to spray them witht he stuff that they have for timting tail lights. that way they will "dissapear".

Attachments

• pocono may 08 008.jpg
    pocono may 08 008.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,880
  • pocono may 08 003.jpg
    pocono may 08 003.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 563
  • pocono may 08 006.jpg
    pocono may 08 006.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 532
Back