RCR GT40 Original Rear Brake Ducts Install...

Kim Haun

Supporter
I got these original style rear brake ducts with my RCR GT40 kit. I purchased the kit from an owner that passed away and don't know if these are RCR manufactured or not. I've tried to work them up into the body but can't seem to make them fit. To anyone with experience with these, should they go up into the body with ease or will I need to clearance them to make them fit? I hear a lot of fiberglass creaking and cracking when I tried to force them a bit. Don't want to break anything.

Kim

IMG_3574.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 182

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I will look and see if I have more photos here on my various computers ,but this may be of some help::
Cracking and such - yes, a very tight fit. My advice is to wear heavy leather gloves and get up inside the body with some 36 grit sandpaper to knock off the spikes in the fiberglass. If you don’t do that, you’ll wish later that you did...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That’s all I have here. Will look on other computers and post if I find anything. It took a boat-load of custom bodywork to make them look right. The oil cooler ducts took a bunch of work also to get them to fit right also. Mine were made by Bill Hough. As far as I knew 10 years ago, he was the only source of these ducts..

Kim Haun

Supporter
That’s all I have here. Will look on other computers and post if I find anything. It took a boat-load of custom bodywork to make them look right. The oil cooler ducts took a bunch of work also to get them to fit right also. Mine were made by Bill Hough. As far as I knew 10 years ago, he was the only source of these ducts..

Kim Haun

Supporter
Thank Randy! I'll do as you suggested and knock down whatever they might be hanging up on. This definitely points me in a good direction.

Kim

Back