RCR Lola T70 Go Karting

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Great job Frank! It's always a major milestone to get to drive it down the road with or without the body.

All the Best,
Don

Congrats! Sounds mean and that is one nice rural road. All the rural roads around me are tar and chip.

Nice!

On a side note, I've found that laser temp guns do not give accurate readings on bright, shiny metal surfaces.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement!

I am 6 ft, 205 lbs. (why are pounds abbreviated lbs.??)
It's tight in there for me, but do-able. I am going to re-think the seat mountings. A little more tilt will provide a bit more headroom.

One thing I have not come to grips with is the roll cage front tubes. You can see from the video how they are at about a 45 deg angle instead of following the contour of the body...right in my line of vision.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement!

One thing I have not come to grips with is the roll cage front tubes. You can see from the video how they are at about a 45 deg angle instead of following the contour of the body...right in my line of vision.

Whats the solution? Getting a 3 wheel bender to make a properly radius one? Or not running the front bar at all?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
For reference check out Johans opinion on Lola rollcages ,and look at the pictures form Darren, you will see 3b don't have cages...per se, Both Johan and Darren are pretty much the oracles on here as far as T70's go.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/lola-t70-lounge/37066-caging-t-70-coupe.html

The cage we build is as strong as it can be given the confines of the cockpit, the straighter the tubes the better the crash protection.

Check out a Daytona proto or a NASCAR or even our full race SLC cages...bars all over the place many in the line of sight of the driver...its all a compromise I am afraid.

Last edited:
I am going to see how tilting the seats will affect the "view." Modifying the roll cage is a major effort. There are limited resources in this area to fabricate such a piece. This is strictly a street car so it needs to be as comfortable as possible.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Frank,
its something you may well be able to live with once you are driving the car...the cage does provide a place to hang on when climbing in and out of the car too..this in itself is a bonus

Back