RCR spinal column wiring harness options

Sean S.

Supporter
I’m curious what others have done with the wiring on a RCR. Specifically running the wiring harness to the rear of the car from the fuse block in the front.

I’m thinking about running 5/8” tubes through the spinal column to connect to the heater at the proper points on the engine to make sure the heater works efficiently. If I do this as seen in the pictures, there will be no room left for the wiring harness. I’m sure I can pass it through the cabin. Just looking for ideas on what others have done.

Thanks in advance!

sean

Attachments

• 05AB9ADD-1555-44A3-A808-256DC2DC7048.jpeg
    05AB9ADD-1555-44A3-A808-256DC2DC7048.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 162
  • FE3D1E03-76F0-4B31-941E-C0FE5C81F50D.jpeg
    FE3D1E03-76F0-4B31-941E-C0FE5C81F50D.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 142

Chris Kouba

Supporter
That channel is fully utilized my build and every other one which I have seen. I have insulation, both coolant tubes, bleed lines, more insulation, AC lines, some insulation, and a heater return hard line.

My fuse block is located under the dash by the LHD driver's left knee, and I run the engine bay wiring along the base of the sponson and through the panel behind the seat. Has worked out well.

Sean S.

Supporter
That channel is fully utilized my build and every other one which I have seen. I have insulation, both coolant tubes, bleed lines, more insulation, AC lines, some insulation, and a heater return hard line.

My fuse block is located under the dash by the LHD driver's left knee, and I run the engine bay wiring along the base of the sponson and through the panel behind the seat. Has worked out well.

Thank you sir, I was able to find a couple pictures in your build showing how you did it. I think my mind is made up now.

Sean

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Sean,
I ran hard lines for the A/C and another for the heater return through the tunnel. Insulation wrap on all including the 2 main radiator tubes. There should still be room for a wiring harness if I decide to run it there.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
At one point, I was considering using a flat ribbon cable or can-bus cable through the spine. Alas, I sold that car before I wired it…

Sean S.

Supporter
Sean,
I ran hard lines for the A/C and another for the heater return through the tunnel. Insulation wrap on all including the 2 main radiator tubes. There should still be room for a wiring harness if I decide to run it there.

Rod,

Thanks for the idea of using hard lines for the AC. I hadnt thought of the space savings by using them. I have ordered some AC tubes and will give it a shot.

Thanks,

Sean

Back