RCR Steering Rod Position on Steering Arm

Can anyone tell me whether I should use the outer (slow) or inner (fast) steering arm position? There are two holes and I would like to know if I should setup bump etc for one or the other. Thanks.

GT40-Steering-Arm1.jpg

GT40-Steering-Arm2.jpg

Front rotors are DBA 5055.1, 343mm diameter & 32mm thick with a AP Racing CP5555 calliper.

On the rotor size, that is not that big, I know of other GT40's in Australia with a bigger rotor at the front using the same 17" rims as mine!

On the rear I have a 328mm rotor. But let me say all this big brake baloney comes at a cost, I have had to design a lot of changes and really unless you are really committed to a bit of work stick with the standard setup from RCR. As you can see on the rear my shocks are also inverted with some other changes to fit.

GT40-Rear-Shock-Assembly.jpg

The RCR is very efficiently designed and as soon as you start changing a lot it can be a lot of work.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the info Jason. I had not noticed that you changed out your calipers too.
I am fine with rotors (diameter) that fit inside a 15" wheel. They seem to be efficient enough for NASCAR with cars that weight 3500#, so.....

Yes, you are right that by making changes, you buy into a lot more work overall..

You've made some nice ones on your car!

:thumbsup:

Back