RCR40 Spring Rates for Racing

Looking for some spring rate recommendations to start with on my RCR40 for the track only, I'm running Hoosier A7
Is anyone on the forum racing a RCR40 ?

Thanks for any advise

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
It may be a while for anyone to respond to this due to the recent zero (0) reply spam storm. So I'll get you off "0" with a one (1) reply to get things in the right direction :)

Keith

Blimey, that sounds a bit technical Terry! :stunned:

Having said that, I have personally deleted around 6 spam posts today alone, thanks to our eagle eyed members (mainly JacMac :laugh:)

Cheers mate:thumbsup:

Thats mainly due to us Kiwis being among the first on the planet to wake up each day, sooo far ahead of everyone else!:)

As for Maui's problem, while it will get you in the ballpark to copy others data, the real gains will come from not stopping at that point but continue to development and optimise 'Your' car.... and then dont tell anyone what your setup is.:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I've easily dropped a dozen spammers to the Ban-Bin today alone and an equal number yesterday.. Grrrrrr

OK, so now you guys are 'spamming' Maui's thread... ;-)

Maui, I tracked mine twice the past 6 weeks and so far so good....I started with 650lb/in Front, 550 lb/in Rear using the QA1 Double Adjustable shocks and standard GT-40 sized Avon's (for now), and I have been making small adjustments from there. Another local RCR racer (Mahlon), I believe, started off with a slightly different approach, that is using softer spring rates with sway bars. Maybe he can chime in also...

You will probably spend more time setting up the front geometry, than the rear...

Good luck!

Thank you Tom

OK, so now you guys are 'spamming' Maui's thread... ;-)

Maui, I tracked mine twice the past 6 weeks and so far so good....I started with 650lb/in Front, 550 lb/in Rear using the QA1 Double Adjustable shocks and standard GT-40 sized Avon's (for now), and I have been making small adjustments from there. Another local RCR racer (Mahlon), I believe, started off with a slightly different approach, that is using softer spring rates with sway bars. Maybe he can chime in also...

You will probably spend more time setting up the front geometry, than the rear...

Good luck!

Back