real FE

john bach

GT40s Supporter
just wondering, mind you, just wondering about installing my H& M '67 side oiler 427 in my SPF GT40 Mk2 replacing the Roush 427. talked to Lee Holman once about doing this. he said had to modify firewall for FE water pump, use different rear uprights (did'nt say why and i did'nt ask). said exhaust would cost $2000.00. no problem there, have friend with patterns for exhaust bundlel of snakes. any ideas about why new rear uprights? not interested in selling but thinking of novelty and prestige of real 427 in GT40 Mk2. 427 currently residing in '73 Mercury Montego GT. also interested in electric water pump.

Did Lee mention whether the FE conversion would include a T44 or were you still planning to use ZF or your current transaxle or is the difference in the Horseshoe of the MK2, guess you will need to talk with him again to clarify?

john bach

GT40s Supporter
no mention of using T44. i plan on using existing RBT 5 spd. no mention of horseshoe. i'll talk to kim again. SPF2116.

I was just wondering if the difference in input shaft to output shaft heights of T$$ vs ZF along with engine mount height in chassis was the reason for upright change

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
SPF uprights (as are all GT40s) are the same. The rear "hoop/collar" of the tub is different. I think Lee may have been misunderstood.

Back