Rear Clip Support

Anyone know if these rear supports are available for purchase? Looks like they might need to be fabricated.
Thanks
DSCF5786.jpg

Ian Clark

Supporter
No but with a dimension drawing on a napkin and the photo you could get a couple made at a local fab shop:) These are fitted to an RCR GT40, maybe look there first.

Cheers
Ian

Ian..It sure is a very nice RCR.
I had no luck finding anything similar so I am having them fabricated as you suggested.
Scott, Looks like Ellis has not been around for a while.
Thanks
Phil

One question ! WHY put what are effectively trailer door pins on the roof of a supercar ? when there are so many much better alternatives , don't say because it looks original, that's a stupid answer .

Good question Frank. These cars are fairly new to me and I do not care much about originality I actually like the look of them. What alternatives are you referring to? I am open to all ideas and appreciate any input.
Thanks
Phil

Ian
Another great option. I like the Quick Latch though because they will work great with the brackets I am having made.

Phil, Aerocatch is very well made, strong and easy to use, the exposed fixings can be painted body colour and virtually disappears, Quick latch is a bit trickier, it can shake loose and is sometimes is difficult to open. I have fitted springs under the rear lip over the quick latch pins, it helps it to remain a bit more tight and less liable to shake open, and also helps the deck to pop open when pressing the release button. Frank ( Did you get / read the magazine article sent to you ? )