ReCreated FAV Prints

Good Lord, will someone please just post up the original blueprints (if they exist as a COMPLETE set) so we can finally put this nonsense behind us.

As mentioned, very few will attempt and finish a chassis with a set of prints. So in reality, there will be zero loss of revenue for companies that do produce “Tool room” replicas. Whatever that means, as they were all hand built and as such no two are the same anyway.

The people that can afford a spot on replica are going to buy one, not build one.

There's way over 2000 sheets in the original plans. (This thread starts with 170 available). Lets assume some one gives you all of them, say the 1965 'set'. Now all you need is a ton of skill, a truck load of press tools & jigs, a bed plate and a lot of spare time.

Good Lord, will someone please just post up the original blueprints (if they exist as a COMPLETE set) so we can finally put this nonsense behind us.

As mentioned, very few will attempt and finish a chassis with a set of prints. So in reality, there will be zero loss of revenue for companies that do produce “Tool room” replicas. Whatever that means, as they were all hand built and as such no two are the same anyway.

The people that can afford a spot on replica are going to buy one, not build one.

Yep, just get on with it & post them all up, I quite like looking at that stuff, but the rate you guys are going I'll have to change my email address & Im not sure the reception/coverage is all that great in heaven or hell!!

The thing is, there's no such thing as a "complete set of drawings", there aren't any drawings for the roof structure for example. Even those people that reckon they have all the available drawings usually don't, there are quite a few missing. A friend of mine used to have Len Bailey's set of drawings and even they weren't complete.

The 170 drawings in question (I already have these) give an idea of the construction of the monocoque but there are some very essential drawings that aren't included plus a few of them are drawings of obsolete parts.

Regards,

Graham.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
I would love to have a monocoque chassis, but as long as it does'nt have a proper documented P series VIN#, it really would'nt bring anything. The difficulty in sourcing parts, and the possibility that none of the certified P chassis manufacturers would sell you any vital parts to a none P series mono is also very high.

Regards,
Morten

I haven't made a note of them so you'll have to wade through them and work it out. From memory, anything to do with "Air Duct" is obsolete.

Regards,

Graham.

Anyone got a full set of plans (or any plans at all) for the Mk.IV GT40?
I'd love to be able to see just how different that is to the the earlier cars.

Different is not the word.
I know they're a completely different animal but still very curious as to their true DNA.
As I'm never likely to own one or be able to see the inner workings of the beast then to satisfy curiosity the only way is to see the drawings and then inwardly digest the American Le Man mindset.

Will this help?

Attachments

• fordgtmkiv.jpg
    fordgtmkiv.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 325
There is some good information out there from when Kar Kraft built the additional 7 cars a few years back. Think it might have been in an article in the GT40 enthusiasts club publication - fortification

hello shawn, im kyler, a newby here and I just wanted to say thank you, those drawings are very informative.
im also trying to make a build plan for the near future and I would be very grateful for any help you can offer.
I am searching everywhere to find detailed drawings of the horseshoe and the brace but I cant find anything accurate,
Is this something you have in your collection and would you be willing to share ??
if not would you be able to point me in the right direction ??
best regards
kyler

Back