Replies

Thanks for the replies they are really encouraging. Clyde is quite pleased with his progress (of course NOTHING ELSE IS GETTING DONE! )He has managed to sort out his wiring with the help of the local Auto Electrician, and as regards the steering rack we are taking it into a Ford wrecker tomorrow to see if they can recognize it. Somebody here suggested straightening it?? He is also having a go at some of the minor fibreglass repairs himself. The rear bonnet is at AC Fibreglass who have moulds for the GT40 here in NZ.We will no doubt be popping up a lot more on the Forum with more questions as we go along.
Clyde and Suzanne.

Clyde and Suzanne,
Do not try to straighten steering rack. They are a standard Ford Cortina Mk 3,4,5 and only cost £18.50 in GB.
It is not worth the effort and potential danger for something so cheap.
Graham @ GTA.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Of all the things that you can fix, the suspension parts including steering are not one of them. Replace these parts when dammaged. I can tell you about a bent handlebar that I "fixed" that damn near killed me but I guess you can figure out what happened. I think that your steering rack is out of a Triumph if its a GTD. You might try the MDA website. They can supply most GTD parts. www.gt40uk.com I just checked and they have steering rack listed for 110 pounds.

Back