Restarting my SLC project in West Texas

Radiator and a/c condenser fully installed, all hoses crimped and routed on the passenger side, finishing the routing inside the footbox , getting ready to expand the holes and permanently install the unit, need to relocate the surge and catch tank higher and the a/c and heater will be done . that took a ton longer than I anticipated . Thanks for all the feedback and help

Attachments

• IMG_4542.jpeg
    IMG_4542.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 339
One reason for delays was that i decided to go crazy with kilmat everywhere , the thick stuff. prior to installing the a.c heater unit in the footbox. Easy to work with the the rubber is runny and messy when cut or drilled , hopefully it will be worth it, the lizard skin plus the mat should help a lot with heat and noise. Not sure what carpeting I will use eventually

Attachments

• IMG_4524.jpeg
    IMG_4524.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 338
The most important thing , I got a clean checkup at MD Anderson, lots of poking and scanning but all good, the rest is icing on the cake . And I ordered a front nose hinge from Fran as a happy present to myself. I was able to use my harness credit. Thanks Fran. Yeah baby !!

Not the best bending job but it is functional, my tube bending skills have not improved, I just don't have the right tools, and sometimes just want to move on to the next project, patience , patience
IMG_4544 2.jpeg
IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_4547.jpeg

Now this was truly annoying, I bought the surge tank from some outfit in California because was a bit cheaper than summit, big mistake, the threads were not fully done and were different than stated . after I messed up the 1/8 fitting I thought it was me, then I had to change the 3/8 fitting and i noticed that the threads were also messed up. Harbor freight to the rescue,NPT set $15 with a nice wooden case. Sometimes (not often) Chinese crap does the job. rethreaded with the right NPT size and fitting threaded like butter. Only one out of 3 threads was good, glad to find out before I had a leak. More often than not you get what you pay for.

Attachments

• IMG_4585 2.jpeg
    IMG_4585 2.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4586.jpeg
    IMG_4586.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_4584.jpeg
    IMG_4584.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4587.jpeg
    IMG_4587.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 227

Johan

Supporter
Hector. In your post #148, second picture, it lookes like you have mounted the steering rod on top of the bracket. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be mounted below. Dont have my car here so I’m not able to check. It will give you a terrible bump steer.
Best regards,
Johan

Johan:
The steering rod mounting came like that from the factory, I have not made any changes just tightened everything to the right torque settings. I have not made any brackets that interfere or change the mounting of the steering rod. Let me know if you need a more detailed picture.

Thanks for looking and providing feedback, I really appreciate it.

Hector

Johan

Supporter
Johan:
The steering rod mounting came like that from the factory, I have not made any changes just tightened everything to the right torque settings. I have not made any brackets that interfere or change the mounting of the steering rod. Let me know if you need a more detailed picture.

Thanks for looking and providing feedback, I really appreciate it.

Hector
Ok. Maybe you have an upgraded upright, mine is 3 years old now. But I checked mine today and it’s mounted below the bracket.

I am definitely concerned about bump steer, will try to optimize the curve it during alignment , we will see how it works out.

So all the plumbing is 100% done, thank you all for your feedback and catching my mistakes with the tank and heater control valve placement . Thanks to Cam for the late night consultations and encouragement . It took much much longer than anticipated , but looking forward to moving on to the next thing. Electrical maybe?

Back