Rexona ad car?

Has anyone else seen the yellow very GT40-esque car in the latest Rexona ad here in Oz. It has a lot of similar features, but a few differences too (such as suicide doors). If anyone knows anything about it I would love to hear. Anyway it is a cool looking car. I wish i had a picture I could post.

JW

Yeah, have seen it once in NZ. Was wondering if was real or a computer generated model. The interior doesnt look right when the door is opened.

Appears to be based on the 'GT' going by the body cut lines etc, not sure that it's a real one or generated, some views make it look a little distorted.

Jac Mac

Pete I reckon Gull wing doors would actually be pretty cool. Also does Shooter Mugavin no longer work for you?

Regards

Jack

Pete, I noticed this advert also, as it appears to be generated on a GT40 base. I've seen angled door hinges (top at the roof, and upper point of the lower door, if you know what I mean) on a replica, so that the doors opened forwards and upwards. This was not good. Gull wing doors would be better for access. At least you can open a gullwing when someone has parked close alongside you, and also have gas springs to hold them open. However, you may lose the use of the door pockets, and a big conduit of wiring has to go up the A pillar and across the roof to the door pivot and down for the mirrors, speakers, and central locking.

Dalton

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete I reckon Gull wing doors would actually be pretty cool. Also does Shooter Mugavin no longer work for you?

Regards

Jack

Jack, Shooter has moved out of F1 and is now in Formula Ford. We still communicate though, if you want to get in touch send me an email.

Back