RF134 in Street Machine.

Hey guys, just to let you know RF134 is featured in the curent Street Machine magazine. Have a look and let me know your thoughts. It will also be featured in Zoom magazine in November.

Bob

Tom:
Here is a low quality pdf of the draft copy . The story changed a little and the spelling fixed up. I can't upload the magazine copy a it's still on sale. You'll find the final draft on the RF site in near future.

Thanks

Attachments

• SM_GT40.pdf
    560 KB · Views: 1,510

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

Thanks for posting the PDF... a great story with excellent photos of a very well done 40. Highly recommended reading!

The piece also provided iron clad evidence that, when it comes to the near-700 horsepower in your Mk2, you're approaching the range of being certifiably nuts. :laugh: And to think I caught flack for being disappointed with the 435hp in mine!

Your RF is one seriously cool ride.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Man-o-man - All that snort is running through an Audi gearbox? I must know more!!!

Beautiful car!!!!

Thanks for your reply guys,
I have phone videos of the car on the dyno and I'm going to post it on youtube as soon as I figure out how to post videos. It's also in another magazine (Zoom) with cover and 8 page story and great pictures.
The box is holding up better than expected, but the true test is gonna be on the race track. Hope to head out there very soon.

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bob

Just finished another stint on the mountain at Bathurst (where Ford had another great victory) when I picked up the Street Machine magazine from the local newsagent. It was great to open it up and see the brilliant spread on your car and my interstate camping mates were suitably very impressed. I can't wait to hear how you perform on the track with it. make sure you keep us informed.

PS. A big thumbs down for Bathurst Race organisers for serving XXXX Gold Beer as the only beer trackside. If we wanted to drink horse piss we would have taken our own.

David

Thanks Dave for your kind remarks.
I agree with you all the way regarding XXXX. I'd prefer to dring the Georges River before that brew.

Cheers

Hey Bobby, saw your car in SM, nice piece of work. Bet you've had much fun in the car. I kinda know what you go through with the trouble ofwith people driving up your lane trying to take happy snaps. A mate of mine who owns a V8 Supercar team owns an Audi R8 but I think he now just takes his Holden Commodore to his workshop because of all the trouble with people taking snaps and such.

Hey Bobby, saw your car in SM, nice piece of work. Bet you've had much fun in the car. I kinda know what you go through with the trouble ofwith people driving up your lane trying to take happy snaps. A mate of mine who owns a V8 Supercar team owns an Audi R8 but I think he now just takes his Holden Commodore to his workshop because of all the trouble with people taking snaps and such.

Ditto. People have no idea about blind spots, or the possibility that you may actaully want to change lanes to reach your destination.

Bob, wonderful looking '40. Makes me feel like mine's a proverbial S$%tbox.
I'd better go and buy a copy of the mag so I get the last page.........

Thanks for your kind remarks Danny and Antony. I love driving the car and do so every chance I get. The hardest thing is staying on the right side of the law. Keep an eye out for Zoom magazine issue 133 out on the 14/11/08. The story and pictures are even better than SM.

Bob

Bob,
Great looking car. The article in Zoom paints a very nice picture indeed.
I was wondering how the gearbox is hanging in there? seems to me they dont get to good a wrap in this forum I'm not sure why?
Regards, Gus.

Last edited:
Hey Gus,
Soon I'll be posting a PDF file of the ZOOM story,(just waiting the go ahead from them).
I know that the 01E boxes get a bad wrap (not sure why as I havn't heard or seen one broken), but the one in my car is going strong despite some heavy lounches. The gearbox mount on the other hand got torn up like paper with the amount of tourqe placed on them, new ones are made and installed now that are twice the thickness. I must add that I have a different mounting setup for the box than standard RF.

Back