Ricardo CV joints

Can anyone tell me please, what they are using for CV joints on the Ricardo gearbox? I have meaured up to see what the pcd is, and its seems to be a somewhat unusual size. The standard Porsche 930 type joint is about a 1mm or so different in its pcd.
Thanks.

They are a bespoke unit specifically for the Ricardo/Ford GT gearbox. If you know someone with a milling machine, they can circular-interpolate the 930 hub holes to the correct Ricardo-specific pattern. (Circular-interpolating is a milling method where a smaller endmill will cut material in a circular pattern, not needing to be based on the actual physical center of the hole.) Simply drilling the holes oversize make for a sloppy, inaccurate fit.

Can anyone tell me please, what they are using for CV joints on the Ricardo gearbox? I have meaured up to see what the pcd is, and its seems to be a somewhat unusual size. The standard Porsche 930 type joint is about a 1mm or so different in its pcd.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks.

it is 2mm bigger diameter then the 930 CV but the CV material is easy to machine out to make the hole oblong the 1mm on all the holes. I was told that there are some cv's that will fit but I tried three different manufactures and did not find one that would fit with out forcing it. I made a jig and machined the hole on the CNC mill. very simple for any machine shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 277
Lynn, did you have to interpolate off center of the 930 holes, or are they on the same hole-centers?

it is 2mm bigger diameter then the 930 CV but the CV material is easy to machine out to make the hole oblong the 1mm on all the holes. I was told that there are some cv's that will fit but I tried three different manufactures and did not find one that would fit with out forcing it. I made a jig and machined the hole on the CNC mill. very simple for any machine shop.

Lynn, did you have to interpolate off center of the 930 holes, or are they on the same hole-centers?
I found that the OD of the CV and the existing 930 bolt circle where concentric with each other and an even 60 degree bolt pattern. As I remember it was a 94 mm bolt circle. once the machine was set to the center of the 930 bolt circle I selected the CNC to machine the holes of new 96 mm circle and machined the hole to the 10mm diameter of the bolts. the five bolt used to hold the CV to the jig were move from one hole to the next until all six were done. The steel on the outer edge of the hole is very soft and machined like mild steel.

Back