Ricardo FordGT Clutch mass purchase

Stillen and AP racing offered beefier clutches than Ford with 5 return springs instead of 4 and stouter material. They pulled them off the market until their are 20+ units. The FGT blog is doing a group purchase from AP in the UK and has around 14-16 signed up. They asked me to see if there is any interest on the GT40 blog. Ford is also quoting longer lead times and now requires a FGT title to be faxed. They seem to be rationing parts.

The good news is the AP/Stillen clutches used to run $3.3k but would lower the cost to $2.3k. That's less than fords list of $2.6k. There is a 2-3 month wait to factor in. Any interest?

Sounds like it's time to start hoarding parts again, lol

On a side-note does anybody want some original-style 917 rear lights. Hella discontinued the mold but i bought out the last of the inventory - $5,000 per pair of lights ... LMK, I'm apparently the only source of them now :)

Alex, Hennessy has started hoarding parts for the "Venom". I heard they bought 50 transaxles and whatever parts they could find. I may move my 401k into Ricardo parts for the long haul. Might be worth more than gold?

Ken, that Spec clutch comes with an FGT flywheel. I talked to them and they didnt feel like their clutch is a good match for the SL-C.

I think ford is getting the clutches form AP too. so it could be a wait.

Back