Rick Merz

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I am sure Rick still visits here and will chime in, you know the GT40 will never leave his blood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I last spoke to Rick about 6 weeks ago and he is waiting for some "on the the water" prime real estate to go up for auction, about now as I recall. Plans for his departure to Mexico on still moving forward

Be nice to get an update from him and Carolina how they're doing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ahhhh, this subject I like!! As you all "Don't know". I have a casa in Mexico now (Las Fuentez, 10 minutes north of Chapala). I will be in Mexico around July 7th. I think from GDL Airport to Huatulco is a very short flight. If Rick is reading this, he might not want to buy, now that I am close /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The "K" brothers, I will have a few Margaritas to your health when I am there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

No Guiness there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. NO COORS either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MR MERZ, the undisputed master of GT40 Drag race in US, where are you?!

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ian, Tim and Faili,

I am alive and well. I will be moving to Mexico sometime next summer but because Faili is going to be so close to Huatulco I decided to buy a ocean front lot on the Costa Maya about 7 miles South of Mahahual (I bought in a different location because I found a better lot, I wasn't trying to hide fron Faili), with white sand beach crystal clear water (visibilty to 220 ft), and the 3rd biggest coral reef formation in the world is about 2,000 feet from shore, beyond the reef is a fishermans dream. The town about 20mi south of us is putting in a marina that will dock about 1,000 boats when completed (I think 3 stages of 350 slips per stage), currently they hold 3 major fishing tournaments a year.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Great to hear from you Rick, sounds like a great place. I think a bit of us all have that yearning to do exactly what your doing. Don't underestimate Faili, he can always move ya know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, thanks for the axle pics in the other thread

Blessed Merz, so good to hear from you. Looks like you got a great place in mind. I did a search on it and it looks fantastic. Next summer when you get the place, my wife and her bald headed husband might just show up at your door /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
That's assuming she has not ditched me for someone with hair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tim, I can't move anymore,,,NO job, NO money and "BLING CARS" is all I got now/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick,

Glad to hear from you again! Happy also to hear that things are moving along with the acquisition of property in Mexico.

When you starting the dune buggy or Baja truck to go along with the boat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Faili, at least let me join you when you go down to harass Merz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Then again, Rick may get thrown out of town if they realize who his friends are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then where would we go?

And don't worry, bald ain't so bad just as long as your not bald and broke

Hey you guys, It's not bald spots it's thigh marks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
If the neighbors can't handle the noise then they can move! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I worked to hard and when I retire I am going to have some fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif When the house is finished you all are welcome to visit, heck you can come and work on it with me if you want to. I can't pay much but I will supply the beer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif On second thought paying may be cheaper than beer with some of you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My wife wants me to restore a Jeep CJ to use in Mexico so I'm looking into that now.

Back