Ring Gear Needed from Ford 3.0L V6 (Essex)

Pat

Supporter
I need to replace my CAV Starter Ring Gear and am having difficulty sourcing the part in the USA. Does anyone know a good GB Parts house that will ship to the US?
The part is Ford 2724E 6384A. The normal application is the 1969-81 Capri 3.0L V6 also used in the Granada, Marcos, Consul and IVECO Ford.

Pat

Supporter
I'm not doing well on my search for a ring gear. I haven't heard back from Mick so I was wondering if someone could recommend a parts house that I may contact in the UK or South Africa that would stock '70s era Ford parts that would ship transatlantic?

I'm not sure that works very well as the teeth are chamfered in a manner that would be reversed. I think that it would affect the ease with which the starter pinion gear engages.

Pat

Supporter
Thanks Mick,

I sent you an e-mail a moment ago. If you should not receive it, please shoot me a PM.

As far as reversing the ring, the tops of the teeth are chipped from one of the starters I put in. I figure that if I'm going to pull the tranny and the flywheel, it's just as simple to replace it with a new one (if I can find it).

Probably not relevant for Veek by the sound of it. But in cases where using a USA type pre engaged starter, none of the OE ford/chev ring gears have the teeth beveled, only the starter pinion. So in the case of early SB ring gears they can be fitted with either side toward the starter providing they can be punched off the flywheel in one piece. Just another tip from the Antipodes where parts can be weeks rather than hours away.:)

Back