Roaring Forties GT40 RF 109 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Factory built RF For Sale

Just a silly question, how would you configure a cold air box for the XRam set up and does it generally offer any performance advantage apart from a straighter shot at the intake valve? Plus, if you use that filtered valve cover breather would you get an oil mist straight into the nearest intake horn?

Or is it all bling and no real advantage?

If it was that good an idea why doesn't everyone use it instead of conventionally oriented TB's where you can create a far simpler sealed cold box intake?

Sorry John. but it does keep the post at the top mate!

PS I get the lower profile advantage... :)

I read somewhere that Shelby played with crossram manifolds a little and produced more HP vs. regular Weber set ups (and even some 4bbl carb apps). I don't recall why they ditched using them though. The straighter shot into the intake manifold should improve breathing, which should improve performance.

Ian

John B

Temp Selling Pass

If that is the case then you're doing it wrong.

Thanks Ron... cars will give you enjoyment as long as you have them. I love sex just as much as the next guy but when your done..If you know what I mean :) We go back to the garage. Let's be truthfull...Us!!! OLD CAR GUYS spend more time in the garage then with women. AGREE? If not...Your nose is growing.

Best J

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I read somewhere that Shelby played with cross-ram manifolds a little and produced more HP vs. regular Weber set ups (and even some 4-bbl carb apps). I don't recall why they ditched using them though. The straighter shot into the intake manifold should improve breathing, which should improve performance.

Ian

Ian,

Jerry, the previous owner and master craftsman made the custom stainless steel surroundings to compliment the intake system. However, you were correct in theory regarding the COLD AIR BOX system. Jerry had to cut the top hatch opening to accommodate the larger Morrison intake. So he custom made the Stainless trim that not only looks fantastic, it shields the hot air from the intake. So technically your correct.

The question regarding the return spring failure... there is another spring on the underside in the event if one return spring fails.

Best

J

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Folks have been asking about tunning software. I forgot to add that a Sony Vio Laptop computer with all the Motec tuning software is included with the purchase. Over $1,500.00
value.

J

John, you ever able to upload the vid? Would love to see and hear your car. It would certainly not hurt in its sale.

Yes, with a full walk-around the exterior and interior. It's a beautiful can and I am potentially interested but it seems harder than it should to get all the details.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

What is the details you need that is not provided and I will anserw them for you.

Best John

Hi John,
Yes a video link would be really helpfull. I am in the market to buy and recently flew from New Zealand to Chicago to inspect and drive a rhd superformance at Chicago Motors in West Chicago, and don't really want to have to repeat the process. My country is rhd so looking at a video first will definitely be of assistance in my case.

Look forward to seeing the video.

Thanks

Graham

Last edited:

John B

Temp Selling Pass

When your in Chicago let me know. I live 30 minutes from D&R and you are welcome to see the car since you are so close.

Best

"and recently flew from New Zealand to Chicago to inspect and drive a rhd superformance at Chicago Motors in West Chicago"

Hi John,
I'm not in Chicago. As my post states I recently flew there from New Zealand. That's not a state in the US but a country located on the other side of the Pacific ( that's an ocean, also not a US state) :huh: , and as mentioned and given it was a 36 hour trip, I do not wish to nor do I have time to retrace my journey, so a video of your car would be really helpfull and as prevoiusly mentioned by another person who posted here "would not hurt your chances of selling", so if you could do that then I would very much appreciate it.
Happy for you to pm me with any info etc you may have on the car.

Regards
Graham

Keith,

John can correct me if I am wrong, in the picture with the rear clip shut it appears John has made a quite unique 'cold air box' that is part of the rear clip and when shut it seals somewhat at the valve covers. Neat idea actually.

Not unlike how they did it on the Ferrari P4's

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Folks,

Yes the car is still for sale!
Please READ the listing.. The price is now $58,000 FIRM! So please don't e-mail with insulting low offers. I'm not in a hurry to sell.
The car is sold AS-IS due to questions from folks wanting me to sell the car without engine/trans.
Many questions about the Oil Pan. It is Armando's alum. Pan which is gorgeous. The block is Alum. Dart block, AFR alum. Heads..Best of everything engine internals,Corrillo rods. Steel crank, ARP for everything.. all the internal components are top grade.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Finally got help to troubleshoot youtube. I have to shoot new vids in low definition instead of high Definition. I don't understand why some folks can get high definition so I'm going to give it a whirl. If not perfect forgive me for I'm not familiar with youtube but it should give a better detail of my car.

John

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Buy it now! Last reduction in price. $55,000. Won't get any better than this. Want to sell before the winter sets in. So folks that offerd me this give me a email. I deleted all the old ones, [email protected] and a new cell phone # 708-328-1033 to discuss.

Best

John

Last edited:

John, your car has been mentioned to a couple of friends who are looking. That video might just be what they need to take the plunge. Any luck with it?

.....BTW John regarding your post # 95 please see post # 9? It does make one ponder a wee bit about the car......I'm just saying.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Jim,
Thread #9 was prior to additonal upgrades after the sale went through due to buyer could not get financing. So the new upgrades were completed and then I lowerd the price with the upgrades so the car would sell before winter. Once snow hits the Chicago area I will not take the car out on the street to drive. You aready have a car so please don't post with your speculations/ integrity about my car without seeing it.
Thankyou
John

Correct John I do have a GT40 so its not me thats looking mate. I'm actually trying to help you out. My car is the only GT40 in my immediate surrounding area and the reason others in my area want a GT40. There are two gents in my area who are not members of this forum but are serious potential buyers and I let them know when a car comes up that I think they should check out. Yours WAS one of them but will be no longer. If someone were to read this entire post I think you'd find you are your own worst enemy. You appear to have a real chip on your shoulder regarding the cars sale. You have also failed to post the video that I felt would have assisted my mates in making a decision. Also please see posts 86-91 it appears I'm not alone in my thinking. Taking a jab at me is really not going to help you sell the car. It again, IMHO, just makes one wonder whats going on with your car. Regardless, Good Luck with its sale.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

No harm taken. The way I read your comment sounded like you did not understand my thread. As for a chip on my shoulder..Not me. My threads that seem negative and are to those that keep asking the same questions without reading all the threads and too some who make silly offers of 30 grand and waste my time. So basically I'm expressing frustration. Not a chip on my shoulder so if you think that is who I am... sorry!. As for the Vid it is coming..And sorry it was not as prompt as you wanted. I will explain..2 things are delaying me from making a vid..WORK..and the the WEATHER. For the past 2 weeks it has been rainy on my days off. This weekend is going to be nice so I have 2 things going for me..Good weather and not working. So a vid is coming. Sorry I was not prompt enough. You will not find a nicer injected car car for my price. I hope this answers all you comments and folks here see what I'm going through.

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back