Roaring Forties GT40 RF 109 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Factory built RF For Sale

I understand your frustration especially if you're getting silly offers. I'd feel the same if it were mine. Those making mindless offers are sadly part of the game of buying and selling anything. I would think the engine and tranny alone are work close to 30K. Continued success with the sale and the posting of the video.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I made a couple of test vids.. on You Tube of my GT40 For Sale. Search You tube for.....
GT40 ForSale RF 109
GT40 ForSale vid-2

Is someone knows how to create a link and attach it to my post would be greatly helpful. I'm not tech savvy with You tube vids. But finally got it posted. Sorry for the delay due to weather and work.

John

Keith

Hey John, right click on your YouTube video address in the browser address bar to select it (you know, where GT40's.com is), go to copy in the drop down box and then right click in your post and select 'paste'

You should then see the YouTube link in your post.. :)

Keith

Car looks amazing John. Get that other video of the the car running with the clips raised.. That'll do the trick!

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Thank You very much Mr.Hardy. I'm just glad I was able to post the vid. Unfortunately the quality vid is not the best. I tried in High Def. but You Tube kepts saying the vid failed to upload. The car looks 10x better in person. But thanks for the kind words. I will get a vid of the car running and the front clip raised for better detail. Again I hope the vids answered allot of questions regarding my beloved car. And a big THANKS to Kevin for attaching the vid to my thread. There is another vid if you search the above description. I show the engine and Interior in detail. Thanks again for all the Help.

John

Best

John

Keith

Here you go John, anyone interested in Johns car...

John mate, you only managed to upload this vid to your YouTube profile but not the main site, so that's why it couldn't be found. But they reckoned without Chief of Detectives Hardy!

Enjoy.....:)

GT40 For Sale RF109-vid2 - YouTube

Beautiful car, sir! Definitely don't have enough saved up to even attempt at making an offer, but if she's still available if/when I get my big bonus, you'll be getting a call. Best of luck in your sale.

All,

John was nice enough to take me for a ride in his car back in 2006. It was my second ride in a 40 and I really enjoyed the experience. I just wanted to post on here a couple of thoughts that date back to 2006 in case folks were looking for a unbiased opinion:
- The car had a great sound to it and fired right up when John started it
- We did not have an opportunity to really drive it in anger due to traffic but on the on-ramp, John hit it and the car certainly responded quickly
- I don't remember any scratches, the blue was quite deep
- The induction system looked really sweet
- Only thing I remember being wrong was the passenger seat was not bolted down due to John still tweaking a few things
- John did let me drive it and the ZF shifted as expected, the right hand driving was a trip

If I was in the market for a GT40 I would give John a call. It is a lot of car for the money.

John, thanks again for giving me a ride in your car way back then, it was and still is greatly appreciated. Here are two more pictures from that day.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:

What? Sell the 40... sell the Shelby and keep the Beautiful One... Oh well.... good luck... great looking car... richard

John, have a free bump.

The car looks fantastic. There is no way we could get a car like that in the UK for that kind of money. Unless we are all hiding under the bedsheets because of the current climate (which many of us are), on the face of it, it looks like a good deal.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Sorry for the Delay. Just got back my Mac from repair for the second time the drive crashed.

Tire Size

Front 225/50 ZR R16
Rear 255/50 ZR R16

G’day John,

Just wondering if you’ve managed to do a video clip of the engine running? This is a very nice example of an RF.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I had a better vid but was lost when my Mac crashed. I made a short sample vid in my garage on You Tube.
If Somebody can link RF109 GT40 Engine run to my thread would be great.

Best

John

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

If Somebody can link RF109 GT40 Engine run to my thread would be great.

John

I tried, John....nothing except this from YouTube:

"No video results for “RF109 GT40 engine run” "

Here's what you do....go to your "channel" click on the video you uploaded. Then copy and past the URL in the browser window at the top of your computer screen into a post here on the forum. It ought to show up just find.

Perhaps you have your privacy settings too "strict"?

Cheers!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back