Run and Gun

I just heard that a GT40 caught on fire at Run and Gun. Anybody know who? Hopefully it was not Hersh. I hope the driver is OK.

Mike

Hi guys Superformance did extremely well at this event. Dennis Olthoff took top honours in his SPF Peter Brock lemans coupe. Bill Belcher in the drag event in his SPF cobra. Plus 2 others took awards as well. It seems SPF had this year in the bag. Now we all have to wait patiently for their GT40 in either street or race trim to arrive.

Hi Mikie,
Everything is fine. Jerry Jansings car had a small oil fire over on the autocross track. There was no injuries or damage to his car. The crankcase was getting pressurized and throwing oil out of the breathers. About the only damage was the other drivers wanted to lynch him for oiling down the track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif He really thought he had it fixed but it happened. probably anyone else in that situation would have done the same. He wanted to do do good that's all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Everything was pretty much won by the pro drivers that were entered. I personally had a good time with all the track time that was available. I just went out and had a blast. I did have a minor problem happen at the drag strip. My slave cylinder seal leaked and got oil on my clutch. So as I went down the track it was slipping the whole way. I still managed a 13:90 at 114MPH. On the roadcourse I used street tires and I was consistant around 1:22. The auto cross was really set up nice. I turned in a respectable 52:232. The best time I saw was a 47:310 by an Ultima coupe owned by Jeff Schwarts. A really well built car that ran as good as it looked.
I really look forward to next year as there is talk of a new Manufacturers class to put all the pro drivers into. This will be a good thing as it will alow us regular Joes to win a few bragging rights. No complaints here about these pro drivers cause I learn alot just talking to them and watching their techniques. I am also building a new motor myself to replace the one I have now. I have a good idea as to what I want it to do and I am sure it will be much better than what I have now.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A breather catch can is a good idea. I plumbed in two -10 lines into fittings from the valve covers to a single one quart aluminum catch can with drain. Just drain periodically.

Back