RX 8 Fog / Spot Lights

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone on the forum have an RX8 Mazda?

If so what are the small round lighs in the front valance?

Would they be any good as driving lights on a 40? - if not what about ID lights?

Sorry I'm always on he look out for potential parts and ideas and these looked noce and small and could perhaps fill a gap

Ian

Hi Ian,

Her indoors has a RX8 so give me a call later around 19.00 on 01233 335502 and I look and measure up things for you.

Chris.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I have an RX8 also and my 2 cents is that those lights are vanity lights only. They are pretty good at illuminating turtles up to ten feet in front, but that's it. In fact, I've found that to be the case with most factory-installed driving/fog auxilary lamps.

I'd try to find a proper driving light instead. You will be much happier, especially when you really NEED the light.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Chris

Many thanks for the offer, my part built came with rectangular cibie spot lights so not necessary for me. Probably not original but then what on a DAX is? (43 inches and mine has a Range Rover EFi mill!)

I just liked thesize and neatness of the RX8 units but is that are not much good then that's them dying a death!

Thanks
Ian

Back