Ryan Ellis at Daytona this weekend...

Ellis Begins Championship Quest This Friday at Daytona​
Altamonte Springs, FL/January 22, 2013 –​
Virginia native and Grand-Am Road Racing driver Ryan
Ellis aided I-Moto Racing last season when the team won both the 2012 Grand-Am Continental Tire
Sports Car Challenge Series Team and Driver Championships, respectively. The then part-time I-Moto
driver became a full-timer when he was picked up in the offseason by the team to try to make it two in a
row in 2013. Now, the P1 Groupe represented driver has a full-time home for the upcoming season and
his eye on the ultimate prize, a Street Tuner championship. After a strong showing at the 2013 Roar
before the 24 Test Days at Daytona earlier this month, Ellis and company showed they came to win with
Top-10 speeds in every session the participated in. The combo of Ellis and Mat Pombo even had the
fastest time for a majority of one session before a late quick lap by a competitor dropped the duo back to
second on the charts. As a factory SuperLite Cars driver and road course ‘ringer’ NASCAR Nationwide
Series driver, Ellis will have a full plate of racing in 2013, but his main priority and focus is on winning a
championship with I-Moto Racing. That all begins with the CTSCC Daytona 200 on Friday.
“After a very successful test earlier in the month, I think our entire I-Moto Racing team has very high
expectations for Daytona and the 2013 season as a whole” Ellis stated. “Mat and I have our sights set on
the championship and really believe that we can use Daytona to push ourselves into position where we
can contend for just that. We know our team has put in the hard work in the offseason and our
MazdaSPEED3's look great. Now it's our turn to race the car into contention and end up on the top step
of the podium!”
Ellis and I-Moto Racing will be on track at Daytona International Speedway Friday, January 25
th for their
two and half hour opening event. The Daytona 200 will begin promptly at 1:45pm ET. Television dates

and times will be shared when that information becomes known. Stay tuned for updates!

Well...

Ryan put the I-Moto car on pole, so three starts at Daytona and two poles...not a bad record.

The race started with Ryan in the lead and he then dropped back to third to allow the two front running BMW's to scrap while he saved tires and watched them battle.

Things were going very well until a long full course yellow and the team called Ryan in for a pit stop after the track went green...missed oportunity I think but I am not making the calls in the pits.....

Unfortunately the cars started to lose brakes and at Daytona thats not a good thing...so the I -Moto team did not have the start to the season they had hoped for but Ryan did his usual thing and impressed everyone with his mature ability to drive anything as hard and fast as it can be driven...Kudos to Ryan and better luck at COTA for I -MOTO

It was fun to catch up with some of the SLC guys for lunch on Saturday....wish I had seen a few more of you bouncing around but it a big place and ..Oh yeah its loud...

Looking forward to next year already...

I'll be driving down to COTA Friday after work and be in the stands at corner 15 Saturday. Any other SLC buddies going to attend?

I am giving some serious consideration to attending, still working out the details, but it looks like I might have a place to stay down there which would make the drive worth while.

Erik Johnson

So I just figured out that a business friend and Ryan Ellis where/are team mates! Izzy Sanchez drove one of the IMoto cars last year as did Ryan. Had not talked to Izzy for a few years and that is what came out of the conversation today :) Small world, I tell ya.

Dated thread....hopefully I can get a response

Just woundering if any of the 2013 races the SLC car(s) will be at will be televised on any major networks...speed/fox/tsn and so on? Up in canada here and looking to see if I can catch the car on the telly...

Chris,

Back