S e m a

I saw the car at SEMA, but not Fran. :cry:

The car looked AMAZING. The folks from the company sharing the booth said THAT car delivered would be $120k-ish. From what I could tell it had lots of upgraded bits on it. BEAUTIFUL. But for now, Fran remains only a figment of my imagination. Hopefully we'll meet in the near future.

Check out the yellow school bus in the background...wink

Ruth...sorry I missed you.

Attachments

• SDC11046.jpg
    SDC11046.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 481
...but looking at the depth of the footwell it was clear that there was plenty of room to configure it so I would fit. Width-wise, I fit in fine (170lbs, 6') but I if you are built like a linebacker (or lineman) this will not be the car for you.

What I was really referring to was that it looked like both my head and shoulders would end up right next to the window/door. I'm 6'3" and 200 lbs. No question that there is plenty of leg room, and just plenty of room in general in the passanger area down low. It's the head and shoulders area that looks like it would be tight.

Can't wait to see the race version as where the roof bars end up, I am interested to see how the drivers fit into the car and it passes tech.

This is not a swipe of any kind on the SLC. Fact is I will be doing much the same configuration on the car I am currently building, and am interested to see what, if anything, is said about driver head clearance and protection.

It's the head and shoulders area that looks like it would be tight.

I think you might be right. I felt good, snug, but not too tight. But I was thinking while I was there that my brother, who is about the same size as you, is going to feel constricted. I gotta remember that the door and the roof of the car, when thinking about dimension, are basically the same thing on an Sl-C.

These two drivers are both over 6'1" minus the helmet...black/green is John White ..brother of RCR Australia dealer Craig...and orange is Dean Lampe of Run and Gun fame...

Attachments

• DSC_0234.jpg
    DSC_0234.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC_0337.jpg
    DSC_0337.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_9934.jpg
    IMG_9934.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 397
What I was really referring to was that it looked like..... QUOTE]

c´mon crash " it looked like". I recommand to have a seat in a SLC and than talk.
Dean Lampe is a pretty big guy ( over 190 cm and broad shoulders) and fits.

From my experience i can tell you that it is more spacy than an GT40 , Daytona Coupe and other replica types.
ANd if not, a seat change is much easier than going to all the hassles of a GTM build ( i did once look very close at FFR cars before deciding for RCR)

TOM

Where there is a will there is a way. I WILL FIT if I have to train like I was fighting for the title. Besides there is a certain "yellow bird" next door with an owner that needs to be taught a thing or two (just ruffling my neighbors feathers as he comes on here as a guest from time to time to check out the SLC posts)!!!!!

Fran
The SLC at SEMA had a little MOMO wheel on it, I'm guessing a 10" dia, is this usable for the street from a steering effort standpoint?

I have built a GTM and have sat in the SLC. In the GTM, the side of your head is almost touching the roll bar and is only a couple of inches from the roof. I had at least 6 inches of head clearance in the SLC and was nowhere near the side window. Forward and side visibility is great in the SLC where in the GTM it feels like sitting in a cave. Fran did a great job with the seating position in the SLC.

Do the wheels require redrilling? Or does the quick release bolt pattern line up to the standard MOMO and or the race only MOMO wheels?

I found a Grant to Momo adapter as well. Can't recall from whom though, but you can probably do an internet search to find one.

Back