S.V.A. test

Hi All,
Today chassis 99 passed the SVA test /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif.AT LAST!.Had a few problems wiyh the emmissions- failed twice-, but that was simply due to the base map on the ECU not having the lambda sensors configured for a crossover exhaust. Got it sorted and got the cirtificate!
Hope to be registered and be on the road in time for the stonliegh show at the end of the month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
jerry

Hi,
I used the Taunton test center.
Ive tried to post photos but its never realy worked out. i think the camera hates me... or is it the computer..?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerry, probably both!! Technology at times is a PITA!! ( to quote our American cousins) I think thats the one (Taunton) that I will have to use, what were they like?, I have heard good reviews in the past. Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Hi Murry,
They were extremly helpfull. when it initially failed the emmissions test today, the examiner was as enthusiastic as i was to fix it there and then, helping as much as he could, whilst doing a retest on a d-type Jag style kit.
i had taken along a tool-kit,but when we sused that the new lamda sensor was working intermittantly, he went to his own car and got his tool kit out to lend me a pair of terminal crimping pliers.(then found that the rolling road tuners had left the lambda loose which was the problem!!).
I've SVAed three kits at taunton and found them to be very helpfull every time.
jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Graham,
The RF is now road legal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif. I've done around 120miles in it now, running it in. very very pleased with it. hope fully get the exhaust catylitic converters off in the morning( it took four of them to get the emmissions ok). I'll be bringing it to stoneleigh. see you there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Jerry

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Well done Jerry, congratulations. Please let us know what your driving impressions are as well as any photos of your car, as that would be fantastic too.

Regards

Bill.

Well done Jerry. My CAV is going in for a re-test on Monday at the Bristol testing station. I am excited at the thought of passing and anxious at the thought of failing for the second time.

Back