Safety Equip ?

Just watched this for the first time...one thing that springs to mind is that the driver is not wearing arm restraints...I know from my racing days an open top car driver must wear individual arm restraints...Surely a Cobra is classed the same...??..track days do have very different rules to wheel to wheel racng though....
Glad the driver is ok....

Just watched this for the first time...one thing that springs to mind is that the driver is not wearing arm restraints...I know from my racing days an open top car driver must wear individual arm restraints...Surely a Cobra is classed the same...??..track days do have very different rules to wheel to wheel racng though....
Glad the driver is ok....

Hi Fran, yep you're right. The sad part is that most people don't. In Oz, I only know of one or 2 others that use arm restraints. My mate that uses them actually put me onto them as he is ex speedway and has been upside down more times than most on a dirt track.

I have suggested to some of the founding fathers here that as part of our racing program arm restraints for any track days/racing etc within the Australian Cobra Community should be mandatory like helmets etc but it seems sadly that no one is interested.... which is as frustrating as it is stupid imo....

Havind now crashed due to mechanical error I know that you can never have enough safety gear.

Thankfully on this occasion Pete was very lucky to essentially "walk" away.

Matt
OzBDR

Ron Earp

Admin
Just watched this for the first time...one thing that springs to mind is that the driver is not wearing arm restraints...I know from my racing days an open top car driver must wear individual arm restraints..

First thing I noticed too. Very lucky man. They are mandated in SCCA/NASA, but with track days I suspect they are not required.

Back